computer wont boot up after verifying DMI pool data screen...

monkeymasta

i recently rebuilt my computer with a new gigabyte motherboard, nvidia graphics card, sata hard drive, 4 gig of memory, and a new power supply to support it all. i installed windows XP sp 2 and it has been running fine for a couple days but i havent gotten my sound to work. i went to the gigabyte website and downloaded the sound drivers from there. after downloading them i opened it and ended up getting a blue screen and my computer crashed. now everytime i go to start up my computer, it gets to the "verifying DMI pool data" screen, sits there for about 10 seconds, then goes to a blank black screen that doesnt ever load anything. whats the problem here and how do i fix it?!?

This sounds as if the driver that was installed my not have been a driver at all, is it possible that you were re directed to another download, and what you received was something malicious ?

Either way, your going to hav to get rid of it. Whatever it is.

Place the operating system disk in there, and boot up, when you get to the installation screen , you should be asked if you want to install, or repair, it's going to look like it;s installing a new OS, but as long as you chose to repair, then you should be ok. Try that, if you can't figure that part out post up, and I'll post the specific steps.

ive tried to repair it with the disk, but the only way i can get to that screen is if i unplug my hard drive, even if i boot from disk after it checks my hardware it goes to the same black screen. and when i unplug my harddrive i can get to the repair screen but when i select to repair it, says there was no hard drive detected to repair from, even if i replug it in after i get to that screen

ive tried to repair it with the disk, but the only way i can get to that screen is if i unplug my hard drive, even if i boot from disk after it checks my hardware it goes to the same black screen. and when i unplug my harddrive i can get to the repair screen but when i select to repair it, says there was no hard drive detected to repair from, even if i replug it in after i get to that screen

lol Sounds like fun, been there myself.

So what happens when you boot to the installation cd ?