Chronographic OS of Microsoft

mudmanc4

Thanks, that is interesting , I started with 3.1 (1992)  :in 1998 ,    :smile2: , I like O/S's to settle down a while before trying them out ,  and will be staying with XP for a few more years yet , it does what I need ,so no rush to change for me

and I don't beta test for Bill G,  I paid for win M.E. in late 99, the early version with the year 2000 restore problem , :shock:

Thanks, that is interesting , I started with 3.1 (1992)  :in 1998 ,    :smile2: , I like O/S's to settle down a while before trying them out ,  and will be staying with XP for a few more years yet , it does what I need ,so no rush to change for me

and I don't beta test for Bill G,  I paid for win M.E. in late 99, the early version with the year 2000 restore problem , :shock:

Microsofty has given as August for Windows 7 to go to production. And then October for sales.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/11/windows_7_2009/

I wish it was a bit sooner, as I have to upgrade one machine due to a motherboard buffer underflow, that sporadically keeps happening(streaming music and videos mainly). And I am now 40% sure that I can save the XP OEM version on it with a swap out to a newer, dual core mother board. From what I've read, I figure as long as the operating system is still on the hard drive it should give me the option to re-activate it. Otherwise it gets Linux. But if it fails to activate, I still need a usable Windows system for the stuff on it, and that makes it Windows 7 as the obvious candidate.

And theres no way in Hell that I'm going to buy a Vista machine near the end of it's miserable life as a stop gap.  :idiot2:

The kids Vista seems to have a Windows update that is causing some major hang twice in the last week, that leads to a hardware power button reboot.