dHino17

help:overclocking my pentium D

what temperatures are you getting?

and to overclock restart your computer and go into the bios (usually hit the delete key before your computer posts)

there will be clock frequencies you can use to overclock your cpu, ram, and maybe gpu. also there are voltage levels you can change

just be sure you watch the temperatures and dont crank things too high.

Is your computer brand-built (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.) or is it made with a custom motherboard? Most brand-build pcs cannot be overclocked easily.

Also, honestly, a pentium D already runs pretty hot, so I doubt that you could get much of an overclock on it without an extra heatsink. If your computer isn't too old, it might be worth changing your cpu for an E5200 or something for about 80$, it overclocks quite well and fits your socket, but you should check for motherboard compatibility first.

Is your computer brand-built (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.) or is it made with a custom motherboard? Most brand-build pcs cannot be overclocked easily.

Also, honestly, a pentium D already runs pretty hot, so I doubt that you could get much of an overclock on it without an extra heatsink. If your computer isn't too old, it might be worth changing your cpu for an E5200 or something for about 80$, it overclocks quite well and fits your socket, but you should check for motherboard compatibility first.

definately, and like i mentioned, monitor temps and everything constantly.