MAC Expert

cordell383

you put OS X on a PC?  did you use hackintosh or what man??

1. It is illegal to run OS X on non-Apple hardware, such as your Dell.

2. Thus, if you were to encounter any problems with Mac OS X while using it on your Dell, Apple and many Mac users would be totally unwilling to help you.

3. The skills required to install and maintain OS X on a Windows-based PC are quite honestly beyond 90% or more of today

I used acronis to resize my HDD.

Then use it also to install Acronis OS selector.

After that I installed a patched version of 10.4.8

It works on my Intel Dell but not able to even get past the install screen for my AMD Dell.

It says it will install with AMD but havent had any luck yet..

I used this one......

Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3.zip]

Thanks

when its all said and done i just reboot and it ask me through Acronis OS Selector which OS i want to boot to, the i cause one of the two and boot that way.

To be honest I'm not familiar with acronis being involved with anything other then data backups, last time I used it, we  backed up and recovered a HDD that was otherwise unreadable due to a directory structure corruption issue.

Only thing I could suggest is to locate the configuration within the disk, or image your loading, and set the drivers to match the host OS, if this is the way your getting what would be called a "hackintosh" to boot.

This is what i am using from ACronis

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/multibooting.html

could have used any boot manager i suppose, but that is just the one i used..

Now see this i where you lost me.

""Only thing I could suggest is to locate the configuration within the disk, or image your loading, and set the drivers to match the host OS, if this is the way your getting what would be called a "hackintosh" to boot.""

I can navigate around in the OS but really don't know where to be exactly

It boots and runs fine, but no sound and web..

I tried looking and found something about alpha loader and mac keft files and want not ( I think )

and yes it is a hackintosh i guess... 

Thanks

Alright, lmk if anything I'm saying isn't there, on the OS .  All of the settings that would be in control panel in a widows machine, are in something called "system preferences " ,  in the upper right hand corner of your screen, there os a small "looking glass ? I suppose ? "  called "spotlight" click that puppy and as you type each letter, the system will display results, (it's where vista obtained the search lol) anyhow, just type system preferences , by the time you get sys out, you'll see a small grey icon w/ a couple "gears " in them, and shaded below will be the  "top hit" and should be where you'll need to look for the sound, and network settings.

going to bed now but the OS looks complete.. sys pref is there so is utilities and widgets and dock and that stuff. i tried with the setting in both sound and network...

in utility their is something ummm....network something and it has a few options to chose say adapters one is en01 i think but when i ping my router it states no route found....

Thanks

going to bed now but the OS looks complete.. sys pref is there so is utilities and widgets and dock and that stuff. i tried with the setting in both sound and network...

in utility their is something ummm....network something and it has a few options to chose say adapters one is en01 i think but when i ping my router it states no route found....

Thanks

We'll get to the bottom of this tomorrow :)

Who do you screen shot in Mac and mine looks similar to that

That under system pref and network correct?

I think your trying to ask what you use to take a screenshot in a mac ?   It's called  "Grab" , and it's VERY cool !  You'll love it, and all the features, you can capture a selected area, the whole screen, a window, or timed screen , man, check it out, just use  "spotlight" , and type " grab" .

Just remember, the default save extension for pictures is ".tiff " and tmn doesn't permit it's use right now, I could ask him to do it, he might , but for now, save it , then open it , it will open in "preview" , then click "save as" and you can save in tons of file extensions , really cool, but just save as ".jpg" , or .gif" , something you know.