Connection Limitation-er?

jakop92

Im sick  of my brother downloading while i play games or surf internet and it chops the speed down to 56k speeds.

Im running 1.5Mbps264Kbps up DSL and would like to know if i can install a program on his laptop which runs stealthy and he won't notice that limits him to a certain download and upload speed that i set?

I run a router also. A program such like this one would be awesome.

Alot of greedy ass people use it on file sharing programs too -_-

you calling me greedy?

i can agree that limit speed below 90% of cap is greedy, but due to approx 10% TCP overhead, your basicly maxing out at 90%

this is just a way to send acknowledgepackets faster

VanBuren :)

lol i mean people , like you , with uber fast connections limit it to about 10 kbs yet they can use all of others peoples connections to download. I can see if people on tiny upload connections ( like myself) limit their uploads , thats ok. If you have a 45 kbs upload speed, and limit it to 25, thats reasonable. But iv seen people with 100 mbit connections limit it to 45 upload. Thats rediculous :o

lol i mean people , like you , with uber fast connections limit it to about 10 kbs yet they can use all of others peoples connections to download. I can see if people on tiny upload connections ( like myself) limit their uploads , thats ok. If you have a 45 kbs upload speed, and limit it to 25, thats reasonable. But iv seen people with 100 mbit connections limit it to 45 upload. Thats rediculous :o

yea ive seen that too, luckely alot of "good" DC hubs ban them hehe

VanBuren :)

Yea, arent too many "large" ( meaning 2000 + people ) with admins that care. Theirs people that have right in their tag " Netlimiter limited to 1 kbs"  and i was like "lol no way..." so i start downloading off them at 830 bytes/s i was like "-_-"  As well as people who say their sharing 2 TB and when you get their file list they have nothign shared -_-

I've pretty much quit using P2P software in the last year or so... I pretty much have everything I need, but if I need to get something new, I get it from scouring the newsgroups. I went ahead and got an unlimited Giganews account so I just cue up a sh!tload of stuff and let 'er rip... then I just d/load it to my house when I need it. Takes a little patience, but it's sufficient.