OSX Snow Leopard 10.6/iPHONE OS 3.0

mudmanc4

by Robert Palmer on May 13th 2009 at 10:30AM

Apple issued a press release this morning, saying that Worldwide Marketing VP Phil Schiller would lead a "team of Apple executives" to deliver the Worldwide Developer Conference keynote June 8 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific (1 p.m. Eastern).

According to the press release, attendees will receive a developer preview of Snow Leopard, the next major version of Mac OS X. The developer preview is designed to show off a new version of QuickTime, QuickTime X, multi-core and GPU processor support, and accessibility enhancements.

"At WWDC, we will be giving our developers a final Developer Preview release so they can see the incredible progress we've made on Snow Leopard and work with us as we move toward its final release," said Bertrand Serlet, senior VP of Software Engineering.

During the conference, iPhone developers can also attend over 100 technical sessions and meet with more than a thousand Apple engineers about iPhone OS 3.0, the release says.

WWDC runs from June 8 to June 12 at Moscone West in San Francisco. The conference is sold out.

Source

Of course, the software was in fact leaked prior to this address, in a torrent, which can be found in different corners of the net. going by "beta build 10A314" .

This on the toe of OSX 10.5.7 release.1057.jpg

• 3 months later...

WOOT !  Tomorrows the official release of snow leopard.  Although i wont be getting the realease for a few days, I let the email goto the side to preorder DOH ! So I just did it today.

I'm looking forward to the re wriiten finder "Grand Central Dispatch" , finders awesome as it is, but they re wrote the code in cocoa from the ground up to utilize the already standard 64 bit procs in all intel based machines.

Grand Central Dispatch (GCD) in Mac OS X Snow Leopard addresses this pressing need. It