HDD Software

cordell383

There is a way to force it to load the os in the BIOS.

The WD drive uses what is called SMART technology that reports any errors during POST to the BIOS and the machine then halts.

Doing that could possibly corrupt the good drives though.

Don't give up.

I don't remember exactly what all I did to recover the data from my failed drive but I do know it took quite a while to get it.

At least a month.

On the ultimate boot CD choose and run the WD diagnostics program.

Boot from the CD with only the bad drive connected.

Whether you get your data back or not; it is a good idea to buy an external HDD and make regular back ups of your important stuff.

Darik's Boot and Nuke ("DBAN") is a self-contained boot disk that securely wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction.

I would try it but DBAN still needs to detect it. and thats where I am at..... It cant be detect under anything....The only change i had was when using the UltimateBootCD  now it states no MBR with that drive so maybe i ersed completly but have no way to restore the MBR

Thanks

I had a problem with a WD hard drive that looked like crap after a smart check. I ran Boot and Nuke and it read good after that! Its worth a try! Mudmanc4 might remember my post! :wink:

Yea I do, and thats when i found out that what AVG was reporting as a virus, was one of those false positive BS things  ( for the record , I don't go for that  ) lol