2 questions

Guest pgu579

Guest pgu579

hi

i have 2 questions

how can i delete my internet usage totaly in internet explorer 7 because i have another person that also use my computer and it is  :oops: to let that person see what i have surfed on. even i do the tools>internet options>webhistory>remove all and my computer disc cleaning it comes sometimes in internet explorer 7.

I have started to use the latest opera.

How can i tweak my mothers computer if it is a old computer with win xp home swedish version. i did it once before and i success but i dont remember what i did. it

index.dat files are located in the directory: C:WINDOWSLocal SettingsTemporary Internet Files.

1. Make all files visible in Windows

1.a~ 1.  START>settings>control panel>folder options>VIEW tab.  (Windows XP)

1.b  START>settings>control panel>classic view>folder options>VIEW tab. (Windows Vista)

2.   "Show hidden files and folders"

3.  Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

4.  Uncheck "Hide protected operating system file types"

5.  Click on Apply and Ok

2. Navigate to C:WINDOWSLocal SettingsTemporary Internet Files

3. RENAME it to C:WINDOWSTocal SettingsTemporary Internet Files (Tocal can be anything)

4. You'll get a windows warning that renaming "could make some programs  ect.....just do it.

5. Open internet explorer and go to one of your favorite sites (testmy.net) brows a little, visit several pages,

6. Using "Find files", make a search of your copmputer for "index.dat". There'll  be two besides the normal ones: the OLD one in "Tocal Settings", and a new, smaller one in "Local Settings".

7. Delete the entire "Tocal Settings" directory, this should do it forever for the index.dat gunk !

For your second question, are you interested in tweaking the area that controls bandwidth ?

Guest pgu579

I Think it is the windows i want to tweak because it it the computer that have been much slower than before.

is there any better browser than opera that i can empty and clean traces after me?

I Think it is the windows i want to tweak because it it the computer that have been much slower than before.

is there any better browser than opera that i can empty and clean traces after me?

I'm thinking the browser selection we have is pretty much left to personal preference.

I cant do that thing about local settings and so on. I tried but it not work for me

Not sure what you men, unless you don't have administrative privileges. ?

Guest pgu579

I am the only one who uses this computer or i mean I own this computer and my internet.

Then I saw that I have many users under Document and settings

How Can i see what of them that is in usage right now?

And do it again.

I am the only one who uses this computer or i mean I own this computer and my internet.

Then I saw that I have many users under Document and settings

How Can i see what of them that is in usage right now?

And do it again.

to see what users are logged on, you can simply hit control & alt & delte keys, all at the same time, a window will open that has several tabs on it, look around in there see what you can see as far as what users are currently active, and what the network a tivivty is.

If you want to see how many accounts there are on the machine, then go to control panel, users account

Can I remove the rest in documents and settings? because i only use one.

can you post a screenshot, making sure theres no personal information in there ?

I really don't want to tell you to delete something, that I have no idea what you mean, you know ?

Please don't delete any of that stuff in there, those are not users, those are system settings, and such.

Chances are, if you delete those things, your system will have more problems then you want.

If you want to clean your system, then try using software such as  spybot , that software will get rid of internet tracks, un used "things" layng around messing other "things" up.

Even then , stick to the basic settings, otherwise you can delete data that you need.

here is a software that i know of. here is the description 

Erase history and tracks of your online activity before somebody reveals you. Clear web browser's online history, delete cookies, temporary Internet files, index.dat files, recent document lists, recently typed information, search history and other potentially dangerous tracks of your online activity. This software is easy-to-use and it includes a user manual. You can schedule cleaning process and use an advanced data erasing technique to totally erase unnecessary information. The program can clean a lot of well-known applications and works with all well-known Windows versions.

here is the link to the software http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/File_Cleanup_Utilities/Internet_Trace_Destroyer.html

mudmanc4 Okay I will give it a try

I wouldn't recommend it , if I wasn't sure about it. :)

Other things you can do is to set internet explorer to empty temp internet files when you close internet explorer, and set the days to save pages to 1.