SMART BRO CANOPY PROBLEM

dp0ts

i just logged in to my canopy settings for the first time and found out that i already have the settings that the users here are suggesting....but i wasnt satisfied with my speed so i took it to the next level.....i change the link speeds to 100 Base T Half Duplex  and 100 Base T Full Duplex instead of 10 Base T Half Duplex and 10 Base T Half Duplex even though i dont know what it means i still changed it...hehehehe...another things is i checked the high priority channel and change it Hi Priority Uplink CIR : 100 and  Hi Priority Downlink CIR : 100...also i dont know what this means.......

after that tested my speed and it was a little bit higher than my normal speed..

i just want to know this changes will cause problems to me......ummm like does this settings reflect on my account..will smartbro detect this and try to sue me....does my bill climb up from 999 pesos to 3000 pesos??? please help me ease my thoughts  :idiot2:

well i sure don't know the answers to those questions...but i'm sure one of your fellow smartbro users will come in and have an answer for you.

and there are a couple of the regular tmn members that have learned a thing or two about smartbro that may be able to help...sit tight :-) and...

welcome to tmn...

i just logged in to my canopy settings for the first time and found out that i already have the settings that the users here are suggesting....but i wasnt satisfied with my speed so i took it to the next level.....i change the link speeds to 100 Base T Half Duplex  and 100 Base T Full Duplex instead of 10 Base T Half Duplex and 10 Base T Half Duplex even though i dont know what it means i still changed it...hehehehe...another things is i checked the high priority channel and change it Hi Priority Uplink CIR : 100 and  Hi Priority Downlink CIR : 100...also i dont know what this means.......

after that tested my speed and it was a little bit higher than my normal speed..

i just want to know this changes will cause problems to me......ummm like does this settings reflect on my account..will smartbro detect this and try to sue me....does my bill climb up from 999 pesos to 3000 pesos??? please help me ease my thoughts  :idiot2:

Iv'e done that in windows itself, yet I'm not familiar with the canopy software (portal) but this shouldn't have nanything to do with your bill, this has something to do with the amount of bandwidth that the card will allow through, not what your specifically allocated. I'm surprised that you were able to access these settings, they should only be able to be accessed by the system admin (the tower) , but then again, I'm not familiar with the portal. You very well may have adjusted setting that apply to everyone on that color code, (or tower as I understand it ).