brentvece

The beta just came out. its 3.5

It helps me with getting the most of my connection

before then after

[snip]

share-KVGLYBCOJ

before i could only get 1 meg when testing using testmy.net

::::::::::.. Upload Stats ..::::::::::

Upload Connection is:: 10100 Kbps about 10.1 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 1233 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/06/12 - 12:44am

Bottom Line:: 176X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 0.83 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 4.853 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 786.74 % faster than the average for host (Comcast.net)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RLMC6JVWB

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

image snipped for circumventing censor

Yea not slamming anyone but of late seems like the download test here has been off and wrong. Think there was a thread and others said the same thing. They for whatever reason were not getting the right results on this web site. Not sure if its been fixed or not??

Just rember to take any download speed tests with a grain of salt. I just have used my browser (opera) for so long and the internet I know when its slow and not acting right.

share2-KITWZ87CD

Just a touch off of my standard 24/7 of about 5200Kbps. Last weeks tests were spot on.

But there is two types of tests. A test to your ISP's server and a test to the Internet. So a test to the ISP's server may show really fast speeds. While a test to the Internet may show the ISP's pipes to the Internet are being choked for bandwidth.

so we've got another member here advertising for speedtest...u should go sing their praises in their forum... :haha: oh wait...that's right they don't have a forum... :haha: don't circumvent the censor by posting images of your test from there...their tests are bogus...they been censored here for spamming...read the forum rules HERE specifically [r.2.10]

there's nothing wrong with the download test here...it's the most accurate that you can get I get 11 Mbps here and 14 Mbps there...then it tells me my ul is 3.3 Mbps anything over 1 Mbps is just off since i pay for 7/512 with boost 10/1 is about right but right now i'm at 11/734 i like reality

...if you get bigger numbers else where and you like those bigger numbers no matter how inaccurate they are then that's where you should test exclusivly cuz here we're gonna tell u the truth

cox loves to tell their customers to test from there because it makes people happy to see those big number and cox can say yep nothing wrong with ur connection...lies...i prefer the truth...and the truth is sometimes ur connection get clogged up...

...much luck to you :)

cox loves to tell their customers to test from there because it makes people happy to see those big number and cox can say yep nothing wrong with ur connection...lies...i prefer the truth...and the truth is sometimes ur connection get clogged up...

...much luck to you :)

I completely agree... When I was with Adelphia before Timewarner took over, Adelphia recommended me to Testmy.net for my accurate tests.

soon after the takeover they sent me to another site where my results were nothing but lies, I would average 23/1 with a 10/1 package Hmnn that was a bit strange that they would tell me to test there cause their system was calibrated to accurately give the best results from such website and when I told them about this site they automatically refused.. I wonder why?

In my case, my browsers were not at fault for slower speeds. I blame my computer for being outdated and slow, in other words obsolete!

my tests results doubled with my new computer....

("from another post")

Tested on my new computer.. I will post again from my old one.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 21371 Kbps about 21.4 Mbps (tested with 102391 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2609 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/06/04 - 2:18am

Bottom Line:: 373X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.39 sec

Tested from a 102391 kB file and took 39.248 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 227.22 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-QA51ZRVWG

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) [!]

Tested from my old computer running XP Pro SP2 running Firefox/2.0.0.11

FF3 didn't work well with the old computer..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 9906 Kbps about 9.9 Mbps (tested with 102391 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1209 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/06/04 - 2:26am

Bottom Line:: 173X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.85 sec

Tested from a 102391 kB file and took 84.672 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 51.68 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-K4ZG0O8IV

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 [!]

Nice connection

There are several old machines here, one that I use for an ftp, one that I use for when I'm doing something to my main machine that I use to access the net, and so long as there configured right, I get the same speeds as a brand new machine. You just have to make sure the drivers are as new as possible, even if it doesn't go with the card it will still work, and adjust registry values. You can get the same  thoughput .

I remember when adelphia went through the scandal of father and son embezzling millions, and TWC took over. This is how I originally found testmy.net,  after speaking with a couple local techs that moved up into higher positions within TWC , they agreed that testmy.net was the most accurate, and when they take there laptops out in the field, that they use for specific reasons of testing from the port, they use testmy.net. Why? he told me TMN (testmy.net)  used a different way of sending data to test with, therefore the results were more accurate.

And the location of TMN is vital, it's sitting in a data center located very close to a main backbone, and since you test from the same server, you get regular results, your not testing from servers all over the place like many of the other test sites.

Most experienced techs will tell you, you need a consistent test server, where the variables are kept to a minimum.They test with testmy.net for that reason. Among others.

Think about it, if you were testing from a different location each time, how would you know where your base bandwidth was, there's nothing to go by.

lemme tell u a little story...tmn history...

way back in time when tmn was still called surftohere...the owner of this site (was 18 then) worked for cox in their supply house...dispensing supplies to the cable techs...a tech came in and ca3le was on the computer working on his site...and the tech commented that it was a great site and that he used it to test the connections in peoples homes before he left to make sure everything was working right...so ca3le commented that it was his site and the tech was amazed and probably didn't actually believe him...remember he's just 18 and barely dry behind the ears and claiming that he owns a site that cox uses to test connections... :haha:

now up until about 4 years ago they would still tell me to test at tmn...recently i was having a problem and they wanted me to test at "u know where" and i refused...telling him that those results are bogus and falsely inflated...and told him i would test here and dude told me that at home this is where he tests too because it's the most accurate...

that's not to say that we never have problems and definitely want the input from our members...for sure...always let us know when there is a problem. but never try to say that speed test is more accurate...because that's just silliness :)

that's not to say that we never have problems and definitely want the input from our members...for sure...always let us know when there is a problem. but never try to say that speed test is more accurate...because that's just silliness :)

Yeah, speed test (ew) gave me a huge connection "boost" where i got double my connection cap. and i had DU meter running so i know its a lie. but when i test here (because CA3LE painstakingly fixes any/every issues mentioned) the results here are spot on to what i see on my meter.