Turbo Boost!

mikedallos

I'll try some outside sources today!

Thanks........

well where better to test from , then the most accurate test server , testmy.net, post the comparison from in the network to out of network, naturally , the speeds are going to be reduced when your not testing from the ISP itself.

TW in my area advertises their 15Mb plan has powerboost.  But I'm on the 10Mb plan and I see powerboosts of 25-15Mbps before it levels out towards the normal 10Mbps.

I got a question for the admin, does testmy.net use the same protocols as the other speed test sites?  It is possable for my ISP to lower the priority of something like FTP?

I got a question for the admin, does testmy.net use the same protocols as the other speed test sites?  It is possable for my ISP to lower the priority of something like FTP?

I know that some ISP's , or I should say I have heard , some ISP's don't allow the standard ftp port "21" which is outdated, (they don't want you running a server) and very insecure, Spome also block port "80" , but then again, with the right server, you can change the incoming port, and tell the client where it's at, so just use a different port, I use sftp, which runs through port "22" . But then again, the way networks stay compatible with sftp anymore, you would use PASV mode, in which the ports range from "1024-65535" on the server side to answer the client back.

TWC blocks port 80, so what, just tell the client wherever you ported the thing to  :haha: :haha: