HUGHESNET HN9000 SLOWDOWN / HOST CHANGE

I  **AM** contesting!  :tickedoff:  :tickedoff:

Oh, I'll get out this contract, I got out of the first one.  I was just stupid enough to give it a second try.  I guess I just had to see if history repeated itself, IT DID!

Two accounts, two billing issues, two service issues, and each happened 32 days after activation. 

and "speeds aren't guaranteed".  That's all you'll get out of HUGHES!

------------------

By the way, Wildblue wasn't much better.  Hello dialup!  :2funny:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry:  No I agree,  Wildblue isn't much better,  BUT my speed did not go to hell on the 32nd day.  I can always predict when my speeds will go down.  Peak hours M-F 3pm till 10:30pm +/-.  I know the contract if  is just paper.  I'm not under contract with anyone at this time.  I wanted to see what would happen with Hughesnet after the 30days trial,  it also goes to s#@t.  Something seemed to look too good with Hughesnet so I held back.  I wish we had DSL or 3G in my area, but there is none.  So I will stay where I am for now.  AT&T is doing work in my area and of course they won't tell ya whats going on.  So  I will just wait and see what comes 1st.    :-|

I've actually did a search of EVDO, and I didn't find much on their sites.

Basically, is that where you use your cell phone as your "modem" or where you use a "wireless card" that intercepts a wireless data signal?

I know AT&T has a card that you use.Its $60 for 5gb cap.  Wireless

How about what you use?

(1) price?

(2) Average speed (in reality)

(3) is there a gb "cap" per month?

If not already asked have you tried EVDO. Sprint, Verizon, etc...

It beats the heck out of Satelite.

Yeah, you can look at those speed tests and TARGET SPECIFICALLY when it went to sh**  :tickedoff:

They still deny there is anything wrong.  Talking to Tier-4 engineering on Monday.  I'm sure the result will be running

endless speed tests, and stating 'speeds are not guaranteed'.  No sense of battling with them. the way it is now

is most likely the way its gonna be!  :knuppel2:

:angry:   No I agree,  Wildblue isn't much better,  BUT my speed did not go to hell on the 32nd day.  I can always predict when my speeds will go down.  Peak hours M-F 3pm till 10:30pm +/-.   I know the contract if  is just paper.   I'm not under contract with anyone at this time.  I wanted to see what would happen with Hughesnet after the 30days trial,  it also goes to s#@t.  Something seemed to look too good with Hughesnet so I held back.   I wish we had DSL or 3G in my area, but there is none.   So I will stay where I am for now.  AT&T is doing work in my area and of course they won't tell ya whats going on.  So  I will just wait and see what comes 1st.    :-|

Until the third generation Internet satellites get launched,,, WildMoo in 2011 and Poosnet in 2012,,, This type of bait and switch is probably going to increase from just a few users to many more.

They do try to make it look random, but when one person has it happen twice? Thats a pounding.  :knuppel2:  Not all of the people are so sleepy to not notice when speeds suddenly change and never get back to what you had the first month.

The latest installed users statistics are something like Hughesnet and WildGoo 10,000 users each a month. And I bet beam capacity is based on 60% to 70% of users online at once.  And probably at 512Kbps package speeds as the basis.

I do wonder exactly how many people have left since the first round of 3 year contracts were up in mayish 2008( a year ago).

I have noticed posts stating the HN9000  users are now having problems getting to some sites, due to whatever crazy management software is at the NOC's. That has been a complaint for a long time with WildBlue. Seems their software does not like some domains or IP ranges. But Proxies still get through.

:smile2:  I must say with Wildblue I can predict the slow speed times, but I have never had a problem with them in going to any website.  I have never been blocked from anything and I have had Wildblue for sometime.  I do recall my son who is on Hughesnet is blocked from some sites.  No problem for me with any domain or IP.  Tonight I have been avg. 1.14mbps download and 137kbps upload.  SOOO.  I will stay with Wildblue till DSL comes along.....

My original account was DSS800XXXX, That was back in December. and my site Id was 110XXX.

My second account is DSS825XXXX, and my site id is 210XXX.

Not being able to know how account and site id's increment, there is no way to know is that's the number of users that they signed

up in 5 months or now.

I will have to check my order and my Service Order # to see how that incremented.

I was wondering if my speeds would be any better getting a new install/account, and like I said before, Speeds were GREAT!!! the first 30.

Obviously they do this to EVERYONE.  And yep, TWICE to the same person, you can be assured its done to everyone.

Yeah, double whammy!!!  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2::tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Tomorrow is Monday, and I guess ECC and tech support will get my "CANCELLATION REQUESTED" letter.

they will either cancel it on the fly (based on my experienced with William at ECC on the first account).

Or they will give me some blah blah crap about "try it for another month", and see if it gets better.

NOT. the longer I venture into that contract, the worse it will be to fight later..

or "we'll give you a month free"....That cost them NOTHING, and a sorry way to keep me on.

I'll report back tomorrow.  I stopped doing speed tests.  I'll just use it til they cut it off.

Calling bank tomorrow and disputing credit charges also!

Hughes, YOU SUCK!

Until the third generation Internet satellites get launched,,, WildMoo in 2011 and Poosnet in 2012,,, This type of bait and switch is probably going to increase from just a few users to many more.

They do try to make it look random, but when one person has it happen twice? Thats a pounding.  :knuppel2:  Not all of the people are so sleepy to not notice when speeds suddenly change and never get back to what you had the first month.

The latest installed users statistics are something like Hughesnet and WildGoo 10,000 users each a month. And I bet beam capacity is based on 60% to 70% of users online at once.  And probably at 512Kbps package speeds as the basis.

I do wonder exactly how many people have left since the first round of 3 year contracts were up in mayish 2008( a year ago).

I have noticed posts stating the HN9000  users are now having problems getting to some sites, due to whatever crazy management software is at the NOC's. That has been a complaint for a long time with WildBlue. Seems their software does not like some domains or IP ranges. But Proxies still get through.

Today's phone call with Hughesnet Tier-4 support basically didn't yeild any explanations (which I didn't expect it to).

Run speed tests, run more speed tests, reboot pc, reboot modem, yada yada yada

The tech in Florida did agree with me in the fact that my speeds were not acceptable, but there had to be a diagnosis.

The erased the modem software and reloaded it (I could have done that in the control panel).

Seems to be "somewhat" better, but that could last for 1 hour, 1 day, or 30 minutes.  Nothing's consistent.

I hope you get somewhere with them.  My son that is on Hughesnet now for 45+days is still running at above his levels max's.  Hes on Spaceway 3 and is happy for now.  I think I will stay with Wildblue, I know when to expect the slow downs.  I have been up and down and up again that Tech support s##t and I ask, I think at this point I know more than they do because I have done all the tests, restarts, clean history, defrag, etc, etc. I hope you get out of your contract.  Goodluck..... :smile2:

Well, if you've been following my HUGHESNET saga, you wont have to read any longer.

The long saga has ended.  Yes, The Corporate office Terminated my account today.  Goodbye Hughes!

They stated they were not willing to go through a long series of diagnosis or send a technician out and troubleshoot.

No termination charges, Account to ZERO!

Suits me. I didn't any high hopes that any of it would get any better!  But it goes to show if you complain enough,

state your point, stand firm, and dont let them run you over, you'll win!

So, if you have anyone considering Hughes, I suggest you say NO, and have them read some of the comments here.

By the way, the "secret" number to Tier-4 Support in Florida is 1-866-859-2275 (of course your case has to have had previous issues.....

So, thanks to all that have read my posts!  I guess I'll be on dialup for a while until I research the cell phone carriers wireless data plans!

• 3 months later...

Would be great if it didn't come to a grinding halt in the evening.....

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2282 Kbps about 2.3 Mbps (tested with 3064 kB)

Download Speed is:: 279 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/10/16 - 2:08pm

Bottom Line:: 40X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.67 sec

Tested from a 3064 kB file and took 10.998 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 159.61 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-PLK4NU9WE

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) [!]

Download Connection is:: 2024 Kbps about 2 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 247 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/10/16 - 8:22pm

Bottom Line:: 35X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.15 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 12.433 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 130.26 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-24ZN5LCDV

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) [!]

I havnt noticed any slowdowns. I hope it stays that way.

second evening in a row HN9000 is working fine:

whats your operating software version lumberjack88?

Download Connection is:: 2066 Kbps about 2.1 Mbps (tested with 3064 kB)

Download Speed is:: 252 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/10/16 - 8:31pm

Bottom Line:: 36X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.06 sec

Tested from a 3064 kB file and took 12.152 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 135.04 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-8SJU4F1RV

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) [!]

081040aa  is my version #   

Download Connection is:: 2050 Kbps about 2.1 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 250 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/10/16 - 8:44pm

Bottom Line:: 36X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.1 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 12.277 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 133.22 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-DZ7UOKPA1

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) [!]

Thats what m:ine updated today also.::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1948 Kbps about 1.9 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 238 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/10/19 - 7:26pm

Bottom Line:: 34X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.3 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 12.917 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 121.87 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-8K7J32TPH

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; AskTB5.3) [!]

Thats what m:ine updated today also.::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1948 Kbps about 1.9 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 238 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/10/19 - 7:26pm

Bottom Line:: 34X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.3 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 12.917 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 121.87 % faster than the average for host (DirecWay.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-8K7J32TPH

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; AskTB5.3)

yes, last week at this time of the evening 935pm est....likely would have been at 100k or slower.

Download Connection is:: 2313 Kbps about 2.3 Mbps (tested with 3064 kB)

Download Speed is:: 282 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/10/19 - 7:34pm

Bottom Line:: 40X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.63 sec

Tested from a 3064 kB file and took 10.853 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 163.44 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-XQOIR129H