removing redirects

sinister666

so im a user of firefox and ill never switch to anything else, but i recently switched to the firefox 3.5 beta rc2, i like it alot more than the previous non beta version except one thing, i had an add on to remove redirects and it doesnt work with version 3.5. does anyone know how to make it work or if there is somewhere to get a different add on of the same purpose or even a bookmarklet? i know im not the only one that hates those pesky redirects....

There are two ways around it. And an extreme warning that you could kill FireFox if the extension really does not like the new version of FireFox. But you could start FireFox in it's own safe mode if needed.

The first one is a bit of reprogramming.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_an_add-on_to_change_its_compatibility

This one is going into  about:config   and unchecking the checking of compatibility.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_install_themes_or_extensions_-_Firefox

yeah i actually stumbled on those on cnet last night after posting this and it worked...im not afraid of killing firefox, whats the worst that could happen, ill have to re install firefox? oh well. but yeah, those actually do work. thanks.

I think it could corrupt or delete your profile, where all the bookmarks are stored. You never know with Ad-Ons, what they can do with the browser being tweaked to a different version.

There is MozBackup to save your FireFox profile. It's great when you have different machines, so you can just backup a profile and then install that profile onto another machine.

I think it could corrupt or delete your profile, where all the bookmarks are stored. You never know with Ad-Ons, what they can do with the browser being tweaked to a different version.

There is MozBackup to save your FireFox profile. It's great when you have different machines, so you can just backup a profile and then install that profile onto another machine.

:iamwithstupid: