Core 2 Duo or an Athlon 64 X2?

destructionfever

Thanks for that bit of advice. The computer will mainly be used as a family desktop and workstation. My wife deals with tons of voice files, a medical dictionary, microsoft word (tons of documents for work). Obviously we browse the net,  :lol: she does photo editing, and in the future some video editing (not tons though). thanks again, Nick

For all the stuff you are doing now the AMD will be find. Video editing can really work a CPU, if you are going to get into this I would go with the Intel Core 2 Duo or better yet get a low cost Socket 775 Core 2  Quad. It will cost you more now ,but it will save you a lot of time when you start to do video editing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010340343%201051707842%201050727216&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=PRICE

Sorry I thought you were going to build it yourself. I have had good luck so far with HP. the desktop and laptop I bought from HP both work find. [ laptop is almost a year old and the desktop I bought back in 2003 ] I personally think all the pre builds are about the same, You can get a good one or a dud. They basely all use the same parts and build in China.