Car speaker system

Ryan314

I'm looking to buy a new stereo system for my car, and I'm not too sure what I need to buy in order to have a decently kicking system. I'm only looking to spend about $300 max. I need the radio itself (cd changer/ deck whatever you wanna call it) 2-4 speakers, depending on whether or not I should replace my back speakers too, and possibly a sub?

Anyone know stuff about car audio? suggestions? It'd be appreciated if you could pick me out a system from bestbuy.com or newegg.com.

thanks a lot in advance!

hmm....300 bucks kinda limits your choices when youre talkin about needeing a new deck(cd player) and speakers and possibly a sub for which you would also need an amp....if this is your first car system, i would try looking in pawn shops for a decent deck, and best buy sells some pretty decent speaker/amp packages, but they dont hold up to high volume for very long, ive blown more speakers from best buy than i care to admit...

I dont think youll be able to do it for that. You could buy a NICE MP3 deck and some speakers. A sub is out for that price. You will need an amp and a sub. You MAY be able to get a nice sub and nice amp for 300 but not all of what you are wanting.

I would put the money in a nice deck and then when you can buy the sub and amp.

I use Kicker amps and JL subs. They are my favs. Rockford is not bad on subs and kicker has some nice subs of their own. Infinity used to make a great amp for cheap but I dont know about them. I spent about 1500 bucks to put a deck, two JL comp subs and an amp in my truck.

I would definantly suggest you DONT waste your money on cheap subs. You WILL blow them out. Fast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JL-AUDIO-10"-W7-10W7-COMPETITION-CAR-SUBWOOFER-SUB_W0QQitemZ330338947591QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090621?IMSfp=TL090621147004r34865

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013TPGVU

Alpine makes good decks but I am a Kenwood guy myself.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/In-Dash_CD_n_DVD_Receivers/1-DIN_CD_Receiver/

Good luck, when I was a kid I put in my own system. Takes time but satisfying. Now I pay people to do it.  :evil6:

thinking about just getting some new speakers, since that's mainly my problem. I figure there's no sense in spending ridiculous amounts of money on a stereo system when I don't really care that much about KICKING bass. I just like a nice crisp sounding system.

speakers first, possibly deck later on down the road.

Thanks for the help guys :)  :knuppel2:

Probably looks better too.  :cool: Thats why I pay since my first one.

Yup.  :grin2:

thinking about just getting some new speakers, since that's mainly my problem. I figure there's no sense in spending ridiculous amounts of money on a stereo system when I don't really care that much about KICKING bass. I just like a nice crisp sounding system.

speakers first, possibly deck later on down the road.

Thanks for the help guys :)  :knuppel2:

Sweet!

• 4 weeks later...