keyboard help

sinister666

i have a computer here....someone spilled coffee on the keyboard....now  the keyboard and mouse stopped working. i switched both the keyboard and the mouse with other workings ones and still they dont work. any ideas? i think the jacks on the back of the pc are fried, i just dont wanna admit that yet.

i have a computer here....someone spilled coffee on the keyboard....now  the keyboard and mouse stopped working. i switched both the keyboard and the mouse with other workings ones and still they dont work. any ideas? i think the jacks on the back of the pc are fried, i just dont wanna admit that yet.

Interesting, go into device drivers, and uninstall them both, restart, see what happens.

USB or PS2? And rebooting after plugging in the working devices?

Power down by holding in the power button for 7 seconds for those that don't know what to do when the system really locks up and nothing works.

I know I'm being too simple here and you've probably tried this already.  :?

But then again, people do put keyboards in the dishwasher to get rid of the chip remnants. And the mean ones pop out the keys and rearrange them for the visual typer's.

i would love to do that, but without a way to work the keyboard or the mouse im not sure about the actual way to go about that....

:haha: :haha: Guess that would be an important part, no ?  I always think differently, like zalternate said about keeping an older KB around to get around these types of USB hassles.  I was assuming this is how you were posting. 

so yeah, i just let it sit for a while, it started working again....man i hate dell computers....but thanks guys. weird tho, ive never done anything like that, so i didnt know what to expect. it was my moms computer, her cat knocked her coffee over and dumped it on the keyboard....i think thats why we were taught at a young age not to have food or drink near electronics... :haha:

so yeah, i just let it sit for a while, it started working again....man i hate dell computers....but thanks guys. weird tho, ive never done anything like that, so i didnt know what to expect. it was my moms computer, her cat knocked her coffee over and dumped it on the keyboard....i think thats why we were taught at a young age not to have food or drink near electronics... :haha:

or cats.  :haha: :haha: