Dlink issues 192.168.0.1

n1kkay

Ok im new here first so hello everyone!  :grin2:  Next, I was attempting to try to fix my stubborn modem when i ran into this forum in yahoo search.  seems many have issues similar to mine and have had problems resolved from you fine folks here so I HOPE my issue will be the same.  First I'll just give background.  Bare with me I may give too much info lol.

Recently my neighbors were use'n my net and i grew irritated that my connection was being drained so w/ the advice of a friend I go on to my 'network magic' the program given to me w/ my router and I hid my router and when i rebooted the next day i could no longer connect to my own router!  I've attempted everything i can think of on my router it says to go to 192.168.0.1 and put in admin and leave password blank well...i cant get the page to even load.  It's suddenly like my own router is invisbile to me.  Everytime i try to go wireless im finding a belkin router now instead.  I'm new to wireless and feel already very stupid so please be gentle with me lol but I'm out of ideas.  Please if anyone has any ideas please pleaseeeee give them I'm dumb founded! 

Thanks so much!

Nikki, dazed and confused w/ router issues!  :shocked: 

I wish  it were that easy and ty for the welcome.  I've done that, I've reset the router,  i've went on Dlinks website and downloaded the manual and it has the program information to reinstall the router...tried that once it gets to verifying (last step) it says internal error please restart pc and program.  There were no storms, the only difference that had happened was I hid the ssid.  And again, can't get to any of the router IP's.  Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome I'm almost thinking it's just time for a new router.....although this one is only a few months old.  :icon_scratch: ...sigh!

I wish  it were that easy and ty for the welcome.  I've done that, I've reset the router,  i've went on Dlinks website and downloaded the manual and it has the program information to reinstall the router...tried that once it gets to verifying (last step) it says internal error please restart pc and program.  There were no storms, the only difference that had happened was I hid the ssid.  And again, can't get to any of the router IP's.  Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome I'm almost thinking it's just time for a new router.....although this one is only a few months old. :icon_scratch: ...sigh!

If you hid the ssid, a full reset will fix that.  I know you said you followed the instruction's, but try this.  Unplug everything from the router, then push, and hold the reset button in, keep it held in, at the same time, plug the power into it, keep the reset button held in for at least 30 seconds. Let go of the reset button, and if the router is in working condition, it should be reset to factory. But then again, there are alway different things that they do for a full factory reset. If it was working before you hid the ssid, then there's no reason to believe that the router is gone bad.

One more thing, you will need to be connected to the router via cat5 cable in order to configure it from this factory default setting.   I didn't see where you said who your ISP was, if you have DSL, then it will have to be set for that, the on;y way to do that , is by connecting to it with the cat5. Maybe I missed where you posted  ISP.

In the mean time, get rid of network majic, you can hide the ssid from withing the router.

You can also do(in windows) ,,, start,,,, run ,,, type in,  cmd  ,,, and then type in, ipconfig    ,,,, that should show you the default gateway IP.

My Router(non-Dlink) default access IP is 192.168.1.1  and then I just use the routers access pages to set things up.

If your neighbors were using your connection, to me that would mean

(1) You didn't have any security enabled on your wireless connection

(2) If you DID enable security, they'd have to have the SSID key.

(3) If you DID enable security, perhaps you could change from WEP to WPA and use another security key.

Ok im new here first so hello everyone!  :grin2:   Next, I was attempting to try to fix my stubborn modem when i ran into this forum in yahoo search.  seems many have issues similar to mine and have had problems resolved from you fine folks here so I HOPE my issue will be the same.  First I'll just give background.  Bare with me I may give too much info lol.

Recently my neighbors were use'n my net and i grew irritated that my connection was being drained so w/ the advice of a friend I go on to my 'network magic' the program given to me w/ my router and I hid my router and when i rebooted the next day i could no longer connect to my own router!  I've attempted everything i can think of on my router it says to go to 192.168.0.1 and put in admin and leave password blank well...i cant get the page to even load.  It's suddenly like my own router is invisbile to me.  Everytime i try to go wireless im finding a belkin router now instead.  I'm new to wireless and feel already very stupid so please be gentle with me lol but I'm out of ideas.  Please if anyone has any ideas please pleaseeeee give them I'm dumb founded! 

Thanks so much!

Nikki, dazed and confused w/ router issues!  :shocked: 

I have comcast and the router is wbr-1310 (2.00) the ip is 192.168.0.1 so says the bottom of the router.  I will try these things and let you know how it works esp the reset, i didnt do all that before.  However, i even tried reinstalling the modem and it got to the final step (which it had many) and it said internal error could not configure modem.  Then told me to reboot everything.  I'm to the point of giving up on it lol...but i will try a few more things and I appreciate your responses all makes sense to me. ty again.

I have comcast and the router is wbr-1310 (2.00) the ip is 192.168.0.1 so says the bottom of the router.  I will try these things and let you know how it works esp the reset, i didnt do all that before.  However, i even tried reinstalling the modem and it got to the final step (which it had many) and it said internal error could not configure modem.  Then told me to reboot everything.  I'm to the point of giving up on it lol...but i will try a few more things and I appreciate your responses all makes sense to me. ty again.

What do you mean installing the modem ? Do you have dial up ? Thats the only way you would have to install a modem, otherwise a cable modem just gets an IP from the ISP and w/o a router, leases an IP to the connected system. But you did say you have a wireless router, so this is why I ask.

Do you mean you were installing the router software off the disk ?  Or the wireless card ? :/

Maybe uninstall 'network magic' and do it all manually.  Could be a conflict. And access the router via wireline instead of wireless.

Software to make it easy, sometimes makes it harder. Hope you didn't have to pay for 'network magic' yet after the week trial.

Sorry I meant router not modem.  I have so many boxes on this desk at the moment its hard to tell whats what at this point.  I have the cable box, then i have the router and i have other equipment everywhere so sorry for the confusion.  At any rate My network magic has never asked me to buy it it says I can upgrade at any point but it is free w/ my router it's litterally the only program beyond the installation disc that came w/ the router.  No resets work.  I attempted to reinstall it from the troubleshooting on the website for d-link where u can download the installation software, which has not worked as of yet either it still stops last step and says Internal error.  I appreciate the posts, I think something else must have happened to it over night who knows.  Thanks again  :smile2:

Might this help? You did not put an error code. Or your firmware on the router is in limbo.

ok guys and girls for error 102 you need to check in devices to see if there is a ? in yellow on the device list(in your computer), if so then right click on it and click update driver and just do it from the disk then you can use windows wireless configuration, which is always just as good, if you do not have a yellow question mark then you need to un-install the router because you are trying to install the router on dlinks wireless program when you have already installed the drivers for windows to handle. find which one you router is on the list then right click and click uninstall; and try again.

Install CD's are evil.  :twisted: