Hello!

Juliet

Hello, I am from the UK, having major net connection speeds with my ISP, who keep telling me theres nothings wrong..

Anyway, once I read the rules page, I will be back. Hope to speak to you soon.

Juliet xx :angel:

Hello, I am from the UK, having major net connection speeds with my ISP, who keep telling me theres nothings wrong..

Anyway, once I read the rules page, I will be back. Hope to speak to you soon.

Juliet xx :angel:

edit

Hi wellcome Juliet , Tommie's advice is good ,

unfortunately there ain't no one click button to increase speed ,

more details as Tommie said  would be helpfull ,

also is this a new problem or did it suddenly happen after being OK ?

this speed issue is common in the UK , Up to 8Mb services is just that ..."up to " ,

Isp's are reluctant to do anything as they only rent the line from BT, that is if you have adsl using the phone line ,

cable is totally different ,

Regards

Roco ...UK ,

So muddy strikes again?  :undecided:

? at my request

Mudmanc did me a big favor :cool:,. I managed to dig myself deep into a  hole  on that post , 

how deep ? , well I nearly joined my distant cousins in Australia , it was that deep  :oops:

Whats with all the chicks here lately. We are going to have to limit our female members, if we get outnumbered were done boys!  :shock:

Welcome Juliet, our newest and perhaps last female member.  :2funny: :2funny:

I think it's due to Tommie's and my charisma ,  :2funny:..............that they don't come back ? :undecided:

? at my request

Mudmanc did me a big favor :cool:,. I managed to dig myself deep into a  hole  on that post , 

how deep ? , well I nearly joined my distant cousins in Australia , it was that deep  :oops:

I think it's due to Tommie's and my charisma ,  :2funny:..............that they don't come back ? :undecided:

Well now I would have taken that for you man, next time lemmie take the heat, you just told in yourself    :haha: :haha:

? at my request

Thats so true, I only scare off my fair share.  :lol:

Well now I would have taken that for you man, next time lemmie take the heat, you just told in yourself    :haha: :haha:

:haha:,hey Roco maybe a bit simple but he is honest ,

Btw, Roco has been sent to bed early . without any supper or beer , and that hurts believe me , him ,

Thats so true, I only scare off my fair share.  :lol:

with respect Bro with your 11Billion ? posts , you are getting more than your fair share  :lol:

makes me feel like

my excuse , another 100 or so and I could get the "Queens award for industry , whats yours ?  :haha:

BTW Julet if you log back in , you will have my undivided attention , as being a Brit I am kinda getting lonely on the forum ,

Hello to you all and thanks for the warm welcome...

Sorry to take so long but work and my Mum not being well is making things a bit hard at the moment.

Anyway enough of the small talk (for now)

I am with BT (British Telecom) and I have been getting the "up to 8mb" (according to them) and the bt connection tester says I am getting between 1.3 mb and 6.2 mb. When I run it on this site I only get about 600kb to 700kb.(I must add a very nice site)

Anyway I was running 5 wired pc's and 1 wireless laptop for quite some time, Then about 6 months ago it dropped to 2 x pc's and 1 xbox, only ever either 2 x pc's or 1 pc plus 1 xbox  (you get the picture)

Anyway about 3 weeks ago if you have for example the xbox on and then you turn the pc on you get logged off the internet on the xbox and vice versa.

We are all on ethernet plugged into a home hub 2.0 (the kind man at BT let me have a new one for free and I didn't even bat an eyelash....)

It's ADSL

Numerous line tests and still waiting for the results to come back...

I hope I covered everything

oh and I vote for the FEMputer too!  :evil:

hello again.... oh yes I am back muwhaha!!!

Ok, I think they may have sorted it out..... although I am not going to hold my breath.

I just ran speed test with bt and I got at 11am UK time today

Down-stream - 8128

Up stream - 448 - (I have been told by BT this will never get any higher)

Ran test on here

share2-J2C40U8DL&dual=yes&q2=QCJ059DIP

Ok cool It worked (wasn't sure how to add the "pic" (No I am not blonde!)

Highest test so far.....

FEMputers all the way!! :angel: