I need help removing cyberdefender!! ASAP!

pixiepistlz

I currently have this cyberdefender trial and I am only 75%protected now and want it removed and another downloaded. So, I cleared my cache, and have went though c- cleaner and add/remove programs to uninstall....all it says is the uninstall wizard is complete , cyberdefender will not budge and I have cleaned after, and even did a restore point at one time trying to get my computer working somewhat as its infected so it would maybe uninstall .....nothing.... OS is windows 98 home ed. I unistalled again and again and like I said , it says uninstall wizard complete and my mouse keeps freezing and pages keep changing and I am tearing my hair out... :buck2::tickedoff:

CyberDefender may now be a Rogue program............. Uninstaller does not actually work.   :cry:

Both free below. Download, install and update and scan.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

http://www.superantispyware.com/

She knows she wants avast back on, but again it impossible to install till she can get cyberdefender completely removed first. She is looking for help with that. I had the same problem with AVG once, I had to reinstall it and then it removed finally. But she cannot even get that to happen. So once someone can tell her how to remove it she can go on about her business. And she already has super antispyware on it too.

Tried through control panel, through ccleaner, through control remove programs also. And even tried regedit.

Also its an XP home box.

Try this: C>Program Files>find cyberdefender file and delete. Now Run> Type regedit> HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software and look for cyberdefender  and delete. Do the same for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Reboot and run Malwarebytes. This should remove it. 

PS: You might want to do this in"safe mode with networking"

Edit: Forgot to add this picture.

Might be time for Pixie to try out Linux.  [geek]  Pick up a slightly older machine at the local computer shop and try it out. 

Or at least let the kids use the Linux box instead of the main machine.

I saw a signature quote the other day about

"If you really want the data that is on your hard drive, you will have at least two copies of it".

I have two plus all my pictures are also backed up to DVD once I unload the camera.  But if I really wanted the pictures, I would of printed them to photo paper at the drug store.

Try this: C>Program Files>find cyberdefender file and delete. Now Run> Type regedit> HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software and look for cyberdefender  and delete. Do the same for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Reboot and run Malwarebytes. This should remove it. 

PS: You might want to do this in"safe mode with networking"

Edit: Forgot to add this picture.

Been there , done that......thanks....I saved some files and just will reformat......I am getting used to it, as I just done one , my first earlier this year back in March. :cheesy::angry::shocked::buck2::tickedoff: 

P.S.  Thanks guys....... :angel::smitten::kiss:

I can't take all the credit, my hero jogged my memory today when I was scatterbrained and told me how to best proceed, LOL.  :smitten::kiss: He's such a sweetie.  :angel::notworthy:

Thanks for the attention to my thread, guys. I can count on TMN members to come to my assistance and damn quick too.  :icon_salut:

Pip, are you on Home Xp ?. well a clean install is a good way to go ,but 4hours  :evil2:,

damm,I would have found  a new hobby by then  :evil2:

Xp home has the ability to make a full shadow back up, but it ain't installed by default . but if you have the disk , it is there ,

let me know of you need any "how to "

I useXp pro it has ASR on by default ,I makes a shadow copy of "C" once a month ,

end of the day I have a clean install availible, at the worst a month out of date , within 20 mins ,

and yes it formats the hard drive during the ASR .

so it's  bye-bye to the evil F**kers en route ,

the way I see it , whatever antispam , trojan , malware virus  is fully up to date ,

Nothing beats a good clean backup IMHO