How did you learn xp??

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

How did you learn the ins and outs of xp? Myself it was allot of reading, and allot of trial and error. I can not count the number of times I had to reload xp in the learning process. Thank goodness I kept everything backed up and had sp2 on disk. I like to call that button the "oh well crap" button. When xp asks if your sure you want to do the following. I hit yes. O well crap time to reload xp. So how did you learn?

Yep, trial & error turned me into a junkie :haha: Now I build pc's from the ground up and service them for several friends, family, and friends of friends & family. :D

It started back with the Commodore 64 for me: Old Computers

That's when my true love for pc's became evident...ahhh, just thinking about the old commands:

Type: LOAD"*",8,1 or LOAD"$",8

Press: Return...wait 5-20 minutes for game or program to load & return you to its, flashing, square curser. :haha:

Type: Run...wait 5 mins to 1 or more hours for the game or program to start up (depending on what you were doing).

Gotta love technology!

Yep, trial & error turned me into a junkie :haha: Now I build pc's from the ground up and service them for several friends, family, and friends of friends & family. :D

It started back with the Commodore 64 for me: Old Computers

That's when my true love for pc's became evident...ahhh, just thinking about the old commands:

Type: LOAD"*",8,1 or LOAD"$",8

Press: Return...wait 5-20 minutes for game or program to load & return you to its, flashing, square curser. :haha:

Type: Run...wait 5 mins to 1 or more hours for the game or program to start up (depending on what you were doing).

Gotta love technology!

And I thought I was the only one that remembers them days.... I had an Atari 800XL with the 256k (yes K) upgrade and a "Happy" mod on my 5.25" floppy... Times were so much simpler then... :haha:

i still havent learned XP, only some parts there is so much features with this OS that i never used and probl never will use

those thing that i can handle, is learned from reading sites / forums about problems and tweaking

XP is a dream, its almost impossible to mess it up  :haha:  atleast compared to win 98  ;)

VanBuren :)

XP not bad, ever use dos 3.0 with 8088 Machine, when we where told 16 meg of ram is all you will ever need. 5.5 floppies. no Zip drives, or CD'S. Every time you wanted to change to another program you did it with the C> prompt and PC Tools was the hottest program around. WWW was unheard, of course life was a lot easier then. We had no choice. You had dial up then and now we are all spoiled.

I remember those days :).

My first computer from 1989:

Packard Bell Legend:

386SX with "turbo" switch

3.5 and 5 1/4 inch drives.

Plain old VGA graphics

Dos 3.0  with the MS-Dos shell. Remember that?

Windows 3.1

2400 Baud modem

Prdogy "Classic" online, with no www

16MB ram

No CD or sound card

Re: learning XP, I learned most of what I know on my own. The same goes for ME, 9x and 3.x

i had a c-64 when i was around 12 years old, i used it a few years and when i was around 15 i wasent very inerested anymore and sold it. I didnt buy a new pc until i reached 21, it was a AMD k6 333 Mhz with 48 MB of RAM and first generation of win 98, my 6 year old son using it now, but dern its so slow so even simple card games is though for it  :haha:

when i was 25 i bought a laptop for school work and had it for 2 years before i bought this AMD 1700+ desktop and now its time to change again. This pc will be great for my son to use, it can handle most games even if its slow.

VanBuren :)

Oh yea... Trial-By-Fire ~~ only way to learn..... this is how I have learned everything on computers, I break it and have to put it back together  :angry3:

;) Yep only way to learn, years back there were not ppl to fix them so it stayed broken until the owner did it, also we needed and used them at work and got paid 2learn or actually was given all the time we wanted or needed..... I have taken more than one machine that worked fine and nuked it just messing around and then spent hours fixing... :)

8) Microwave

I remember those days :).

My first computer from 1989:

Packard Bell Legend:

386SX with "turbo" switch

3.5 and 5 1/4 inch drives.

Plain old VGA graphics

Dos 3.0  with the MS-Dos shell. Remember that?

Windows 3.1

2400 Baud modem

Prdogy "Classic" online, with no www

16MB ram

No CD or sound card

Re: learning XP, I learned most of what I know on my own. The same goes for ME, 9x and 3.x

My computer had a turbo switch, all it did was make a little blinking light come on, besides that, it did nothing... But boy.. that light was Amazing!!! :roll:

Back when I was a major nOOb I was always messing up the old 133Mzh I would mess that thing up so bad, my uncle would have to reformat almost every week, Now my mom gets on this computer and messes things up so I am thinking that she needs to get the old 133 so she can mess that one up and learn how to fix it.