Building a PC.... Help?

jaml311

From a Site in the UK    www.Ebuyer.com

Just a quick look with following the Specs above and being able to upgrade the CPU ot Quad in the future

Gigabyte HD 4670 1GB DDR3 VGA DVI HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card   

OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Titanium Memory Kit CL4(4-4-4-15) 

Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300 2.8GHz Socket 775 2MB Cache Retail Box Processor 

Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H GeForce 7100 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard 

CIT 750W Dual 12V Rail 12cm Fan PSU - 2x SATA 1x PCI-E 

Zalman CNPS7500-ALCU LED Socket 478, 775, AM2, 754, 939 & 940 CPU Cooler

Casecom Shiny Black Mid Tower Case with Front 120mm Red LED Fan - No PSU

Sony DRU-860S 22X DVD1RW DL & DVD-RAM Serial ATA Black Drive - Retail With Nero

Total cost 310.18 GBP    509.662 USD

well here is one question, why do you need 4gb of ram...unless your doing video editing 3 is probably more than plenty. you wont tell much of a difference from 3 to 4gb. and if you have 32 bit operating system not 63bit i dont think you can utilize all 4 anyways.  but as far as a good/decent gaming grapihcs card and has HD output. here ya go: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121300  its nvidia, i could find you a ATI but i prefer nvidia.

any other parts you want help finding? and if you dont like that graphics card i can certainly find you another one

From a Site in the UK    www.Ebuyer.com

Just a quick look with following the Specs above and being able to upgrade the CPU ot Quad in the future

Gigabyte HD 4670 1GB DDR3 VGA DVI HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card   

OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Titanium Memory Kit CL4(4-4-4-15)

Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300 2.8GHz Socket 775 2MB Cache Retail Box Processor

Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H GeForce 7100 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard 

CIT 750W Dual 12V Rail 12cm Fan PSU - 2x SATA 1x PCI-E

Zalman CNPS7500-ALCU LED Socket 478, 775, AM2, 754, 939 & 940 CPU Cooler

Casecom Shiny Black Mid Tower Case with Front 120mm Red LED Fan - No PSU

Sony DRU-860S 22X DVD1RW DL & DVD-RAM Serial ATA Black Drive - Retail With Nero

Total cost 310.18 GBP    509.662 USD

So is that everything I need to have the computer up and running?    That seems pretty cheap but i guess if your building it yourself makes it that much cheaper?

Well this is what i am wanting to do with the comp.

Good music player.

able to output HD from streaming video that is capable of it.

Able to play computer games  like Fifa 09/10 with almost the best graphics and where it wont lag.

basically using it as a  media center/Home computer.

I know this doesnt tell you much sorry lol.

• 2 weeks later...

It would say a bit more if you could podt the minimum/recommended  requirements for the games you want to play

I would say instead of 4 gigs of ram if it were up to me i would go with 2 or 3 gigs and invest the majority of my money on a good CPU

a quad core 64 bit one

When you pick up a processor your pretty much stuck with it . You can always add more ram especially since ram prices drop almost every 6 months

FIFA 09 has a 128MB vram minimum requirement, so I think that any video cart with 512MB vram costing at least 100$ should be future-proof enough, although for a home theater I tend to think that HDMI-out could be a good idea (I might do the switch myself, but I am as of yet unsure).

The ram, etc. seems fine with the recommendations, but I would recommend installing a 64bit os in any case.

If you want a quiet case, I am very happy with my antec p180, although it is pricey. The sonata III is based on the same acoustic technology and is somewhat cheaper, but it still costs over 100$ iirc.