Organization of Forum?

Do you think this is a good idea?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

This subject was in no way intended to be insulting, by looking at the page index its apparent how many new threads are made per day on multiple topics, and how hard this may be on moderators to keep up with all of these new posts. WITH HELP, would it be possible to better categorize this by OS and hardware?

I could see that by doing this users and moderators would have a good idea as to where to search. Although i love forum search tools they sometimes don't catch alot of things(try searching for "router" in the main forum and see what pulls up). An example of doing this would be organizing hardware underneath a particular OS category. XP TCP stacks are far different from Vista/Windoze 7 and the easy convienient NATIVE gigabit ethernet of OSX. Creating an ethernet vs wifi sectional may help new users to understand that your not going to achieve 50mb speeds on wireless A or G standards, and that additionally the older routers they may have purchased may or may not support faster speeds.

example: testmy.net/Main Forum/ HardwareDevice(example belkin)

--(subtopic) F5D7000 wireless G Card

--(subtopic) OSX

--              LINUX

-- (topic) I cant get my card speed up: SOLVED

--              Windows7

--              VISTA

-- VISTA SUCKS SALTY B&LL$

-- How to optimize Vista for faster speeds! A HOWTO GUIDE *STICKY somewhere else*

--              XP 

it's a lot of extra sub-forum creation, but the end result would allow few moderators to easily categorize many posts saving alot of general discussion browsing (and eventually alot of time) , i think i glimpsed 1-134 at the top of the index page(you guys have to be swamped)! The end result would be alot of useful stickies in places easy to access, as well as easy browsing for newcomers to your site who are not familiarized with the old layout. Once again it was in no way meant to be insulting, i think you all are providing a great (and FREE) service to the community and I think you all for that.

Reguards,

Firathis

In a traditional forum, that means a lot of clicking through to even see any threads (if not using the 'new posts' feature). This idea is not all that different from labelling threads upon creation (or by moderator influence), which is hard to be consistent at, though having pre-defined labels is a good start. It might be better if the forum stayed the same, but with the option to view only threads with label x.