Building a website???? WTF... Help please.

Shug7272

Ok back when i was young I built a website using one of those programs or tool sets for building a website. So my work is wanting a website and I told them I could make a basic one. Any suggestions on web site building programs? I forgot what it was i used before to do this. Any help is appreciated. Oh and if the program is free thats great if not i can probably make it turn free real fast. ;) Anyway, thanks in advance.

just because someone uses it doesnt make it the best... Macromedia is the undisputed king when it comes to Web design and development.. There is just no getting around that.. they have the best programs.. Frontpage is great.. But the code is really fluffed up which means that you are placing extra code that you dont need.. However.. I am not sure but wouldnt doubt.. The pages might not display in all of the browsers.. FF, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape..  It makes the pages IE friendly..  :roll:

i agree frontpage blah only thing i use it for are my css tables

anyway i use notepad 99% of the time i do php and html for now ive mostly focused on basic html sites and tpl's for forums and sites like postnuke anyway i use dreamweaver MX to help with some layouts it makes work much faster although it does cost like $99 US

but you can probably find it somewhere else like i did, i use Adobe photoshop 7 and jasc paint shop pro 8 for my graphics and then just use dreamweaver to create my layouts then manually place stuff in notepad where i need it

what you need to do is read some good ol tutorials on basic html,

stick with it, creating websites is a loads of fun >.<