Constant Disconnects with new PC. Vista 64

risky

I just got a new computer and I am having disconnecting issues that I never expierenced before with XP. I dont know if this is a Vista issue or what, but I will be playing World of Warcraft and I will get Disconnected out of now where, from the game and Ventrilo, for about 5 secs.

PC Info

HP - Pavilion Elite Desktop with AMD Phenom

yourpoint.gif 

:haha: :haha:  Nice, I like it

Up  :evil:

Please don't "bump" the threads, it's annoying, and against the rules, no biggie, just people don't like it much. Might as well read through the forum rules :)

Anyhow, the connection issues are going to have something to do with the latency of the server your connecting to, at least that would be the first place i would look. Try and "ping" the server to log the times, also check and make sure that if your good there, then you may want to set a static IP on the machine, then use the QOS settings in the router to make sure that there's nothing else on the network when your playing. I used to set up a "gamiing" profile in the machine, so that when I was playing , there were only the necessary services, and processes running to insure I was getting all the system resources that I could. Might want to set that swap to null in the new profile as well, I never had much luck with virtual memory and gaming.