rar password recovery

sinister666

i have an .rar file, i cant remember the password i put on it to open it. its a music cd that i no longer have a hard copy of so i need to open this so i can have it again and i cant remember the password. anyone know of a way to recover the password for an .rar archive? ive tried to google this and come up with programs that only waste my time.

i cant remember, i dont even know why i put a password on it....its like 5 years old....good music too, i really want to get at it....i miss listening to this cd, and why i pass protected it is beyond me, i do some strange things sometimes....but i got something thats supposed to crack it, i guess in like a day ill find out if it works, its super slow....

i cant remember, i dont even know why i put a password on it....its like 5 years old....good music too, i really want to get at it....i miss listening to this cd, and why i pass protected it is beyond me, i do some strange things sometimes....but i got something thats supposed to crack it, i guess in like a day ill find out if it works, its super slow....

Well hope it works for you, I can't stand losing my music, I never had any music till around a year ago, then i bought a machine just for it, I really just paid for the music, it was a certifiable P.O.S.  :haha: But there were probably a couple thousand songs on there. I made them mine after purchasing them, and burned them to a disk, trashed the HDD, then  sold the proc and memory .

seriously tho? enough with the stupid let me google that for you garbage! are you like 12 years old? if you would have read my post, you would see that i said i tried to google it and got nothing usefull......your childish nonsence helps nothing. grow up and find something better to do man!

seriously tho? enough with the stupid let me google that for you garbage! are you like 12 years old? if you would have read my post, you would see that i said i tried to google it and got nothing usefull......your childish nonsence helps nothing. grow up and find something better to do man!

woah man i know you're upset but who lit the fuse on your tampon? he was trying to help. im sure someone will help soon. just be patient, thanks bro.  :grin:

Childish, me Naaaa, besides 12 year olds don't know about that kinda of stuff. As for that link, well i kinda gave a damn about your little issue so i posted that. In reality you cant really do that for any .rar file so your S.O.L. on that. As for the growing up and doing something part, hmm maybe i should just stop here.

whatever. the link you posted was childish and helps nothing. its a bit insulting to tell ya the truth, i know how to use google, i dont need no insulting let me google that for you junk. thanks anyway.

and if ya read my quote, you might know why im so touchy sometimes. figure it out...lmfao

alright i dont want you to flame me for trying to help, but i downloaded this program a while back and just found the site where i downloaded it from. it helped me. so it may help you. i see nowhere where you've tried to use this so if you did i appologize. but hey it worked for me.

http://download.cnet.com/RAR-Password-Cracker/3000-2092_4-10127912.html?tag=mncol

edit/ sorry posted wrong link, had too many tabs open. fixed now

youre right ryan....my appologies. didnt mean to fly off the handle, it just seemed a bit insulting to be honest, the whole let me google that for you thing is a joke. its an amusing thing, ill admit, but i know how to google, lol, and when im asking for help, thats the last thing i wanna see is some animated website doing what i already know how to do.

youre right ryan....my appologies. didnt mean to fly off the handle, it just seemed a bit insulting to be honest, the whole let me google that for you thing is a joke. its an amusing thing, ill admit, but i know how to google, lol, and when im asking for help, thats the last thing i wanna see is some animated website doing what i already know how to do.

and thatnks ryan, i actually found that one earlier today, well yesterday now....but yeah, im trying that one out, doesnt look very promising tho, its telling me its gonna take 8 days to finish cracking the pw. well i dont know if i have 8 days of patience for that, but im trying it. thanks again tho.

hey its cool, im just happy that there are still ppl here that are willing to help. ive been at this all day and all night, started at like 5pm and here it is 3am and im still trying to get this thing cracked. i really have no idea why i even put a password on it, its only music...lmao

i cant seem to find it, but im out of time for tonight because there is a huge thunderstorm right now where i live and my net keeps cutting out. but somewhere on this site is a thread that SHUG started....its about him challenging the members here to crack a .rar file. im sure there might be some useful info in it.

i'll check later on today and get back with u ( its 2am here)

i cant seem to find it, but im out of time for tonight because there is a huge thunderstorm right now where i live and my net keeps cutting out. but somewhere on this site is a thread that SHUG started....its about him challenging the members here to crack a .rar file. im sure there might be some useful info in it.

i'll check later on today and get back with u ( its 2am here)

Didn't someone try to retire on the testmybucks won from that to?  :-P

well, after reading thru that post, i saw nothing useful to help me, and i tried using Advanced RAR Password Recovery, but it wanted to take 8 days, im not gonna hog my computers resources for 8 days for that, so i guess ill just give up and see if i can find the cd somewhere else, it just sucks cuz the record label it was on went under, lost the distribution deal they had, and can no longer be bought or ordered. why oh why did i put a password on this? i wish i knew what i was thinking oh so long ago....good ol Detroit Acid Rap, and its locked and i cant get into it....breaks my heart really. but thanks for the input guys, really.