computer freezing & burntout motherboard

woolabell

I purchased a Hp NX 9500(Ithink) Laptop around 6 months ago.  The Cursor froze almost every time I used it, right from day one.  I had to shutdown the Computer each time.  I installed all relevant antivirus etc Cc Cleaner, anti malware, avast(among others)...   

The fans on the laptop worked overtime too.  I resulted to placing the Laptop on a Cooling Rack!!!!! 

The problem being,  I purchased the Laptop from a friend.  I took the laptop back to them and I was advised the Motherboard had burnt out!  I feel that this laptop should not have been sold to me in the first place?  My friend works with Computers and surely should have known there was a problem as they refurbished it for me????

I am so annoyed that I have thrown money away!!

Will it cost too much to fix or is it a lost cause?

Do you think that the Laptop was on its way out when it was sold to me?

It's really hard to make that claim, since all electronic components could be working flawlessly one day, and the next, there gone. So maybe don't pass judgment so fast ? But I wouldn't know because I haven;t had the machine in my hands either.

Are you sure that it's the motherboard, and why ?

it sounds like from what you said it was already out.  but im not so sure its the motherboard. if it was the motherboard i dont think it would boot up or load or anything. perhaps its a memory error, or could be your graphics. i would do more checking before jumping to anything.