New PC Setup

justinlay

Just put me together a new setup. I have Windows 7 RC1 installed and runs pretty fast

Specs:

Antec twelve hundred case

EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz

3GB DDR3 1600MHz

Geforce 9800GTX+

Western Digital VR 10,000rpm Hard drive 300GB

Western Digital 250GB Drive (soon to be replace with a 1 TB Drive)

Ultra x2 750Watt PSU

Im not running the same cooler that's in the pictures. Running a Zalman cnps10x Extreme cooler now

can i have  borrow it???

Borrow it indefinitely?

With that kind of setup I get the idea you're waiting for the new cards of ATI and NVidia, because the 9800GTX+ is the weakest part there. And with the Zalman cooler, you could OC the CPU quite a bit.

Borrow it indefinitely?

With that kind of setup I get the idea you're waiting for the new cards of ATI and NVidia, because the 9800GTX+ is the weakest part there. And with the Zalman cooler, you could OC the CPU quite a bit.

Yea I am looking for a new card, but the card i have in it now is running everything just fine. So far the zalman cooler is running pretty good. idling around 19-21C

Yea I am looking for a new card, but the card i have in it now is running everything just fine. So far the zalman cooler is running pretty good. idling around 19-21C

Unless you live in a fridge, that's a faulty sensor.

And the point is not to wait for DX11in specific, but just the new cards from NVidia and ATI, i.e. the GT300 series and the 5xxx series. Note that NVidia isn't going to release theirs until January/February next year.

Unless you live in a fridge, that's a faulty sensor.

And the point is not to wait for DX11in specific, but just the new cards from NVidia and ATI, i.e. the GT300 series and the 5xxx series. Note that NVidia isn't going to release theirs until January/February next year.

The only part is making me wait is money lol and plus my card plays everything just fine for now

68 degrees Fahrenheit is equal to 20 degrees Celsius.    Lets hope a fridge isn't 68 deg. F........  :uglystupid2:

My room is almost 82 degrees and im idling at 25c.

nice setup man...i think i just got wood looking at those pics...haha...seriously tho, i like it. i may be a little jealous...im a sucker for cool blue lights and all that....nice!

Thanks man, I really like my new setup. Im running Windows 7 and runs so much better than vista. Soon going to pump up the juice see what i can get out if it in performance :smiley:

My room is almost 82 degrees and im idling at 25c.Thanks man, I really like my new setup. Im running Windows 7 and runs so much better than vista. Soon going to pump up the juice see what i can get out if it in performance :smiley:

You can see the problem right there. 82f is about 28c, and thus you're claiming an aircooler achieves below-ambient temperatures. That's just physically impossible. Use a program like CoreTemp for a better idea on how hot your CPU runs.

Finally someone that agrees with me. The whole video card/Processor seems to be a bit over the top. While I had to replace my video card I went with gts 250 with nvida drivers, I would of never replaced it had my 8800 went bad. Heck the 8800 played all the games even crysis. Looked good, played smooth.

Just seems like so many want to jump up there computer's processor or video card when really there is no reason to imho. My dual core amd dual core 5600 plus Just moves right along. Maybe its all about the bragging, or its like having a super fast car with no place to push it to the max.

With windows 7 coming out it does not take near the resources that even xp used. Not trying to flame or slam. Just never understood the whole thought process.  I mean yea you have a single core it pays to jump to the dual. Up to this point Im not impressed with the quad cores yet. But if your doing lots of video editing and or graphics work the quads may work ok fine for ya. If you just a pc gammer just can not see going any higher than the dual core at this point. Just my 2 cents.

i have the amd dual core 5600+ also ninjageek. it moves just as fast as i would imagine anyone at home needs. then again i would go as far as to say besides bragging rights, if you can cheaply upgrade to a quad corea dn a brand new graphics card...without breaking your bank account.....its more reliable in the future also. but everyone has their own opinions. some just like to keep it to the max.

Oh I agree. If you can upgrade cheep and you have the disposable income rock on. Just drives me crazy the hardcore gamer/employee of the video card and or processor will spout so much B.S. With the economy the way it is I would be willing to bet some really stretched the budget because they bought into the whole this video card that processor will never run this or that game.

Really don't think most need the quads and the dual video cards. Oh sure they brag how much faster it is. Its either B.S. or simple placebo effects. I just shake my head when I see the Overclockers with the liquid cooling. Really whats the point? Its like owning a doge viper and living in the Midwest. No Place to get that car up to its real speeds. Sure you can dump 1500 to 2 grand into a super P.C. but really you would be lucky to use 20 percent of its potential.

In my Pretend world there would be a simple free program that you can run, it is honest and tells you what games you can run. It would also tell you Its not your hardware slowing you down its your lack of  maintaining your computer. Run C Cleaner and Defrag your harddrive and you have way to many unnecessary process running in the background.

Just glad for now they have the free program "game booster" that really helps. iobit.com. Be cool if they had a website or whatever that would find games like crysis and see just how little hardware they can get away with and still play it. For a fact the 8800gts and 3200 dual core amd ran it just fine.

Well the only reason im running the i7 is i got it dirt cheap from intel.

BTW Welcome to the forum Cassie18 :wave:

Oh man I sure hope you dont think your nuts going the route you are. I just ran across this thread not long after seeing some hardcore hardware geeks giving a novice user advice about video cards and cpus.  Even saw something on toms hardware about the amd 3200 could never handle crisis with the best agp video card.

I so disagree the 3200 with The 8800 gts pci-e handles crysis just fine. But maybe the agp card can not. Saw someone doubt I could run it and run it on high settings with no lag and no stuttering. While there is no way to prove it it can be done. I take care of my computer, Used iobits game booster, All is well. My hard drive is defragged, No spyware, No virus, No Pointless software starting with my computer.

On a side note, I for a short time dual booted windows 7 and Xp Tweaked just the way I like. I still boot xp faster. And using the free search program "everything" Can find those silly files that sometimes get lost just as fast as windows 7 can. But I will Say windows 7 up to this point seems a little more well behaved. Lets just hope microsoft fixes dont mess that one up  :haha: