utorrent

hjay

We should go back to 8-track Tapes ! No FF or track skip just listening to the whole tape. Now that would mean that the whole album would(should) be good! And be worth buying, not jsut 1 or 3 songs and the rest just filler crap. If you cant make a whole good album with all good songs why should i buy it !

Hell yes !  :haha: :haha:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So back on topic.

This pic just fits this thread perfectly.  Remember cassette tapes?  In Canada we get taxed on them and CD's to give the tax money to the poor starving recording industry.  :buck2: "May they rest in pieces".  :buck2:

There was even the day you could tape a good track off of the radio. Now a days, the D.J. buggers won't shut up and talk through part of the music on both ends. Thats why I prefer Internet radio at home. And CD's in the truck.

So back on topic.

This pic just fits this thread perfectly.  Remember cassette tapes?  In Canada we get taxed on them and CD's to give the tax money to the poor starving recording industry.  :buck2: "May they rest in pieces".  :buck2:

There was even the day you could tape a good track off of the radio. Now a days, the D.J. buggers won't shut up and talk through part of the music on both ends. Thats why I prefer Internet radio at home. And CD's in the truck.

I believe that they are forced to do that by the recording companies, because 'it would make copying music from radio too easy otherwise'.

So an update to an earlier post about how companies get the online copyright to distribute a music/movie file and then get the IP of a downloader and then send an extortion letter.

The company Digiprotect admits, extortion is their business model and the employees share in the proceeds.

The company apparently started in the illegal filesharing of pr0n industry and has branched out.

http://www.hush-hush.co.uk/world-sex-news/DigiProtect-Targets-Piracy.php

http://torrentfreak.com/when-pirates-become-copyright-cash-cows-090830/

When Pirates Become Copyright Cash Cows

Written by Ernesto on August 30, 2009

Copyright laws were once written to allow content creators to protect their work, but at an increasing rate copyright is used to carefully extract money from file-sharers. Some tracking companies go as far as leasing copyrights, with the sole intent of setting up a

@ tom

if its illegal then why did they put that option in there. when your newborn turn 5, u give him a cone of ice cream then expect not him not to lick for damn next 18years of his age????????

I agree somewhat.  :2funny: :2funny: But I did not make the laws. Yes very good anology also. But again I believe internet laws are being made daily, and its hard to say exactly what should be legal and what shouldn't be. Of course we know that big business will win first. Right or wrong. Its still the law. And I still spit on the sidewalk, I am sure many do. So in a way you have to ask yourself, which laws do we choose to obey? And which ones are over bearing to say the least. I am sure it'll be ongoing for years.

I agree somewhat.  :2funny: :2funny: But I did not make the laws. Yes very good anology also. But again I believe internet laws are being made daily, and its hard to say exactly what should be legal and what shouldn't be. Of course we know that big business will win first. Right or wrong. Its still the law. And I still spit on the sidewalk, I am sure many do. So in a way you have to ask yourself, which laws do we choose to obey? And which ones are over bearing to say the least. I am sure it'll be ongoing for years.

i know what is a law is. I was once a kid, you know, push the doorbell and run like hell, being at the net for over years, well as long as they wont send deltas wearing jumpsuits, nightvisions, or full combat battle gear. I dont care if Bill gates lose 50Billion USD out of piracy or Britney Spears didnt buy her Lear because of limewire or Holywood people havent bought their individual private vacation islands in the Caribbeans.

well hun lemme tell ya a little story and i will make it short even though it was a long drawn out nightmare...

break the law bad enough and the WILL send customs agents knocking on your door to seize your computer to take it and comb through your harddrive and guess what you don't have a choice...they have a search warrent in hand...

many years ago...well maybe 10...we had a friend of my son's staying with us...and unbeknownst to us...he liked to surf some illegal sites (not gonna ellborate further cuz he's actually in here :) )...being young i guess he didn't know that it was illegal on the internet to do that...anyway...there they were at my door search warrant in hand...came in and combed through my computer on the spot...didn't find what they were looking for so the took my computer with them...brought it back two weeks later. my son had to give them all the information on his friend. not sure what happened after that...now mind you it was like a year after they both had gone their separate ways and moved out...they are still friends though...and he's actually a great guy...just a curious youth...

so yeh break internet law bad enough...and they will come knocking on your door...and yes they know where you are.

The difference between 'real world law' and 'Internet law'?

Not much.

The only barrier is Nations borders. And what is legal in one country, is the 'Death Sentence' in another country.

If the Feds stop you and try to search your papers? Thats illegal. If the Feds stop you with a laptop or Ipod and demand passwords to see your data? Well no law stopping them, even though Privacy and the 'Right of Innocence' and 'Reasonable Cause' laws, stop the act of the search. So it's all in what some big snot nosed Fed says what the rest of the Feds can do.

If you refuse? Then you are obstructing justice, even though there was no justice to be served. And you still will be arrested, for committing no enforceable crime.

With File Sharing programs, they are fully legal. But it depends on what users put into the upload 'Shared folder'. Canada for a while said 'fair use type' File Sharing is legal. But now the Canadian CopyRight Mafia is saying, via the Feds, that file sharing is no longer to have 'Fair Use'. If the File has a copyright on it, then you must purchase that file, on the full CD or DVD, for the usual 200% markup above reasonable profits. But that is the American way, Right? Get as much of profit out of a product as possible, then let prices slowly drop. And the suckers are the ones who bought first. But the Music Industry doesn't ever let prices drop. Other than the $1.99 bin at the 7/11 checkouts.

There is little(what are laws??) to stop the Feds from putting a 'Black Box' at your ISP to compile all your(ISP account) Internet Data(and without a Judges order for the wire tapping as well). And if the ISP were to tell you that box is there, the ISP would be fined many millions of dollars, even though the Feds' are the ones actually breaking the law.

The more people are treated as criminals. The more they rebel.  :knuppel2: Add DRM and someone will crack it and distribute the files as punishment.  A couple of companies have added 'Root Kits' to their Files. And without notification as well. Thats not legal to put a bug in your private property without notice. And barely a punishment against the companies for it. Jail time anyone??? But oh look. You can uninstall the rootkit. And then it reinstalls, the next time you play the files. Wonderfull!!!!

Everyone puts out an IP while surfing the Web. Some people don't realize the trail they are leaving for the Government to follow.  Thats why many people use others IP's, while looking for certain things. And unless a 'Bug' is implanted on the users computer, via one of the downloads, then Grandma Moses is the one having the Feds knocking down her door instead. Which actually happened a few years back in an apartment building. But for once the cops were nice and knew they had the wrong place.

Even Australia has solved all crime and now the Police are out patrolling for open 'WiFi' points, to then frighten the owner with punishment for not knowing how to lock down their network.

Simply. Do the Feds have a 'fully informed' Judges warrant for a particular machine and a particular user? And not just an IP and the registered owner of the IP's ISP account.  If not(which is somewhat doubtful, other than a changeable MAC address and a possible computer name), Then the Feds are simply breaking existing laws, by taking things(Data storage devices) that are not within jurisdiction of every day laws.  

Why bust into a house and take 4 computers out? When according to the police(and a possible warrant), only one computer committed a crime. You don't go into the bar and arrest everyone. Tag them all and then later release everyone but the actual known criminal(even though that happens as well) who was the only black guy in the place.