WAP54G Questions..

wak_wak

Guys i own 1 WAP54G before, but when i decided to move my room far from the WAP54G i get poor signal, now i decide to add one near my room, but when i turned on the new WAP54G, my wifi gone insane, i cannot connect to the both WAP54G, but when i turned off the new one, i can connect again with my old one.. Are the new WAP54G interfering with the old WAP54G? They are set at the same Channel (11). If changing Channel solve my problem? I'll put the new one to Channel 6 maybe. I still in the office now, ill try it when im home, i hope somebody can give me an advice.

Thank u

What you are experiancing is normal operation.  Both devices are set up in such a way to do an identical job and basically shutting each other out.  What you should be able to do is go in to the new on and turn off "DHCP" at least.  In this way the new one is no longer trying to give out "IP Addresses".  There might be a couple other things that need to be done but in this way you might be able to get the new one to act somewhat as an amplifier/extender.

Did a quick search and found these two articles.  The second may be of particular interest.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2308651_use-router-as-repeater.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/10617-43-using-linksys-wap54g-repeater

I dunno why you would direct someone to go get help from somewhere else, there's many people that are more then capable to assist a user here at testmy.net :)

It is still help is it not?  The second link has a link it that goes directly to the knowledge base of Linksys which actually makes the router he is using.  Besides I have seen a lot threads on here that have links to other sites for additional help.  Also if someone else has already written it out is not easier to just give a link instead of typing everything all over again.  You yourself have given me links to other sites when I first got my Mac and I appreciate those links.  They have helped me in heading off problems before they turn up.  Again thank you for those links.

It is still help is it not?  The second link has a link it that goes directly to the knowledge base of Linksys which actually makes the router he is using.  Besides I have seen a lot threads on here that have links to other sites for additional help.  Also if someone else has already written it out is not easier to just give a link instead of typing everything all over again.  You yourself have given me links to other sites when I first got my Mac and I appreciate those links.  They have helped me in heading off problems before they turn up.  Again thank you for those links.

I have done the same myself many times. I always thought help was the key, and not knowing when a knowledgeable person may come along its best to just help, and its not right to steal info without a reference link is it? If I do not know an answer and can find it I do exactly  the same and have never been noted for it before.

So has things changed? :undecided:

At most places of business, if they do not have readily available help or materials or what not the customer is often passed down the street to a competitor. I also just figured it was good business practice. Help first. And so repeat cuistomers. At least if they can not help immediately, they will help you out somehow.  :angel:

Some forum sites ban links to any other forum.

But I do sneak in links to the ThunderBird email forum. And of course with the explanation that no one on the forum has your answer for such a specific product and question.

Then some sites ban links to product pages where the prices are. But how in the hell can you direct someone to a specific product and price without digging into a useless Makers site.  Now the reason for the ban is that the product site is not a paying advertiser on the forum. So no free advertising.  And here Signature spam advertising is banned.

And if I find an answer via Google. I post the answer. Which can be a compilation of many correct answers.