FREE DIALUP!!

Dude111

Some of these free dialup places harvest your data.

But this one actually says, it isn't harvesting anything.

PRIVACY POLICY.

Our privacy policy is also very simple. We won't sell your personal information to anyone. In fact, we don't have your personal information. There is no sign-up process, and therefore, we do not know your name, your address, your email address, nor do we have any credit card or checking account information. In fact, we have nothing about you on file at all. We like to think that is as private as it can get. 

I do like the part about not needing any damn software to use the service.

56k isn't a lot of data moving at the same time. Easy to store and mine, since most traffic will not be encrypted. I'm not claiming they all do that, but the ability to do so is certainly there and it's a trivial one.

• 3 months later...

56k isn't a lot of data moving at the same time. Easy to store and mine, since most traffic will not be encrypted. I'm not claiming they all do that, but the ability to do so is certainly there and it's a trivial one.

For certain !

You do have the basic security of not being hacked though, generally, if a uy comes across a connection like that, he gets pissed and moves on to something with a little more throughput.

You do have the basic security of not being hacked though, generally, if a uy comes across a connection like that, he gets pissed and moves on to something with a little more throughput.

You mean not usable for DDoS. Harvesting your personal information along with any banking data is still viable.

You mean not usable for DDoS. Harvesting your personal information along with any banking data is still viable.

No I agree there,  but less likely that someone will be using dial up for there banking. Maybe I'm way off on this, but w/o much security, there has to be an educated thought that whispers * don't do it * hehehe

• 7 months later...

I dont really think that it is worth using free dial ups, please no offense but, it is just a thought and it is due to the reason that I have found one friend of mine using a free dial up service and got high speed internet access with hosting services but soon after that he found a problem in connectivity and speed and when he called up, he got charged. I dont mind in having free dial up service, but it should be proper and the ISP who is providing this to you should be efficient.

• 3 months later...