HughesNet response to my BBB complaint

guitarjim

Yikes!  Are those speedtest screenshots from the OLD system or the NEW Hn9000 system??????

Spaceway3 system.......all crap after 6pm-midnight with web response as high as 57sec unreal! speeds are steady 1600/250 other than the evening hours? nothing on my end? forgot to mention the executive customer care at Hughes are well aware of this......whats being done, guess nothiing. All new equipment HN9000 and sat pro + account.

Any WEB RESPONSE test greater than 20 = terrible. 

even the India tech support would transfer the phone call to Level 2 with plenty of those.

Tier-4 said 50-60-70 were terrible.  I've had them in the 120's.....

I will be most interested when guitarjim posts some of his speeds.  He did an upgrade about the same time as you.

Didn't you say your brother had the same system and it was good?

What is your SIGNAL STRENGTH??????  Do you have alot of RX and TX errors?

You can check the stats in 192.168.1.1

Spaceway3 system.......all crap after 6pm-midnight with web response as high as 57sec unreal! speeds are steady 1600/250 other than the evening hours? nothing on my end? forgot to mention the executive customer care at Hughes are well aware of this......whats being done, guess nothiing. All new equipment HN9000 and sat pro + account.

I'd ask for some explanations.  Everyone knows me very well at ECC! LOL  By the way, tell William HELLO for me!  :haha: :haha:

Make sure you document those...Use the EMAIL link to send them to Tech Support (you'll just get an

automated response as usual, but at least your email will be documented in your file).

forgot to mention the executive customer care at Hughes are well aware of this......whats being done, guess nothiing. All new equipment HN9000 and sat pro + account.

Its just strange my speeds are rock solid 1600/250 all day long until evening hours then the crappy test results begin? Would think if it were an pointing issue,cable etc...speeds would not be good all day long? Yes my brother has the exact same system other than the plan (basic 1000/125) and it seldom is slower than 700/75? are signals are pretty much the same with in 3pts. I have emailed and called them last 2 days.......?

That was my whole basis of complaining with Hughes.... PERFECT speeds day 1-32    24/7.......

After that, Almost near plan speeds until about 4pm, then about 300-400K.  So, one is to only derive that there was NOTHING wrong with the equipment (if it achieved 1.5Mbps until 4pm).

and what I said earlier might possibly be true.  New users are not throttled sometime after their trial period.

Upgrade customers are throttled during 4-12 from day 1.  But ooohhhh, no one at Hughes will admit that, not even Tier-4 Engineering, and all ECC can say is "speeds aren't guaranteed"......

Its just strange my speeds are rock solid 1600/250 all day long until evening hours then the crappy test results begin? Would think if it were an pointing issue,cable etc...speeds would not be good all day long? Yes my brother has the exact same system other than the plan (basic 1000/125) and it seldom is slower than 700/75? are signals are pretty much the same with in 3pts. I have emailed and called them last 2 days.......?

That was my whole basis of complaining with Hughes.... PERFECT speeds day 1-32     24/7.......

After that, Almost near plan speeds until about 4pm, then about 300-400K.  So, one is to only derive that there was NOTHING wrong with the equipment (if it achieved 1.5Mbps until 4pm).

and what I said earlier might possibly be true.  New users are not throttled sometime after their trial period.

Upgrade customers are throttled during 4-12 from day 1.  But ooohhhh, no one at Hughes will admit that, not even Tier-4 Engineering, and all ECC can say is "speeds aren't guaranteed"......

I am going to stay up tonight and keep testing,  almost sure by  1201AM it will be 1600/250

Keep us informed ! ! !  Be sure not to FAP yourself doing speed tests.  I did that once!

Of course Tech Support was UNWILLING to "un-fap" me, even though they requested that..

Give ECC hell if things don't improve  (of course, at this point, it would either be keep it or cancel it).

Perhaps Hughesnet dish needs the adjument tool as well? 

that is so F*****G funny!  That's the exact same thing I did to mine to get it off the side of the house.

Damn installed had drilled about 10 screws into the brick.  (I did take the TRIA off like that guy before I busted the hell out of it! LOL  :haha:

the HUGHES dish was on the roof because I refused to pay $125 for a pole install..  That would have been an awesome video of me sailing the dish off the roof like a frisbee...... I just yelled "LOOK OUT BELOW"!

that is so F*****G funny!  That's the exact same thing I did to mine to get it off the side of the house.

Damn installed had drilled about 10 screws into the brick.  (I did take the TRIA off like that guy before I busted the hell out of it! LOL  :haha:

the HUGHES dish was on the roof because I refused to pay $125 for a pole install..  That would have been an awesome video of me sailing the dish off the roof like a frisbee...... I just yelled "LOOK OUT BELOW"!

Thats the other bad part....dug my own hole 36" deep and filled everything up with crete......pole is true and rock solid foundation.

well looks like the evening throttlong is over.......

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1574 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 192 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/09/25 - 9:40pm

Bottom Line:: 27X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.33 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 15.986 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 80.5 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SDQ9ZH6W4

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) [!]

wooo hooo!

Check this one out!  He must be smashing an HN7000 modem! LOL

well looks like the evening throttlong is over.......

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 1574 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 192 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/09/25 - 9:40pm

Bottom Line:: 27X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.33 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 15.986 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 80.5 % faster than the average for host (DirecWay.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SDQ9ZH6W4

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)

First evening I have got good speeds at 730pm with the HN9000 since the install Monday?

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 1617 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 197 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/09/26 - 5:29pm

Bottom Line:: 28X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.2 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 15.561 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 85.22 % faster than the average for host (DirecWay.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RWC4Z89DH

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 243 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 30 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/09/26 - 5:31pm

Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 34.13 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 34.217 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 58.82 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5LBMGQ0IC

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) [!]

Typically, weekend speeds were always better.  Seems to be alot of load during the week.

Even on EVDO Wireless, speeds are alot better on weekends for some reason.

Good speed test though!

First evening I have got good speeds at 730pm with the HN9000 since the install Monday?

:::::::::::::::::.. Download Stats ..:::::::::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 1617 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 197 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/09/26 - 5:29pm

Bottom Line:: 28X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.2 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 15.561 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 85.22 % faster than the average for host (DirecWay.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RWC4Z89DH

::::::::::.. Upload Stats ..::::::::::

Upload Connection is:: 243 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 30 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/09/26 - 5:31pm

Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 34.13 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 34.217 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 58.82 % faster than the average for host (DirecWay.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5LBMGQ0IC

And again not under FAP my speeds sink to in the evening:  :tickedoff:

Download Connection is:: 90 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 11 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/09/26 - 6:42pm

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 93.09 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 92.29 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 10.32 % of your hosts average (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-EM9B82GCW

I see by the guitarjim site , that he got the new KA band equipment on the September 24th. One lowish speed of 800Kbps at 8:46pm and the rest in the 1500Kbps range. 

And uploads fairly steady in the 230Kbps range.

Free upgrade for him too.

I see by the guitarjim site , that he got the new KA band equipment on the September 24th. One lowish speed of 800Kbps at 8:46pm and the rest in the 1500Kbps range. 

And uploads fairly steady in the 230Kbps range.

Free upgrade for him too.

Im not happy it slows down at all, but mine has consistanly slowed every evening tonight about 2.5hours of crappy speeds (below 200 very sluggish) now at 10:45pm back to normal? guitarjim hasnt posted his pseeds since 9/24? Im curious which style dish he got with his upgrade Prodelin or the Raven. I got the Prodelin model , the Raven style my brother got is much better quality and looks a bit better.

Download Connection is:: 1594 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 4096 kB)

Download Speed is:: 195 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/09/26 - 8:47pm

Bottom Line:: 28X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.25 sec

Tested from a 4096 kB file and took 21.045 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 82.59 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZB5UN9DGA

With the fluctuations showing up, there must be some issues at the NOC. Usually meaning not enough pipe out to the Internet. It's a pain when they wait to add more bandwidth capacity, until they need it.

Or someone needs to 'adjust' the flow up at the satellite.

And I actually thought there would be at least another year until the slowdowns started with the Spaceway3.  WildBlue only took about 16 months before they had to install DAMA to get more users online. November 2006 for DAMA, according to the posts out there.

I believe the NOC has more control over speed and operations than any of us know.

Tech Support and Tier-4 acted like the NOC was this hidden and remote facility and no one could contact...Like it was a big secret what went on there. BULL.

Tier-4 was probably AT the NOC.. LOL

Actually I think Hughes Tier-4 is in Florida.  I think I read somewhere that the NOC got moved from Germantown to Winnipeg??????

I believe the NOC has more control over speed and operations than any of us know.

I think I read somewhere that the NOC got moved from Germantown to Winnipeg??????

There is a Hughesnet SpaceWay3 NOC in Winterpeg.  It is being used for the Canadian side of the SpaceWay3 . But there is probably some overlap with the States. Since most of the Canadian beams are overlaps with the Northern States.

click to enlarge.

Tech Support and Tier-4 acted like the NOC was this hidden and remote facility and no one could contact...Like it was a big secret what went on there. BULL.

Tier-4 was probably AT the NOC.. LOL

Actually I think Hughes Tier-4 is in Florida.   I think I read somewhere that the NOC got moved from Germantown to Winnipeg??????

They would have so many more happy customers if the support was worth a crap. I assumed NOC was still operating in MD. My brothers account is over the 30days actually in the 40's still holding over 90% or better of home plan speed? Wish I could say the same for mine....compared system #s, signal etc... makes no sense that a home plan would not get throttled but a higher plan would?

If you happen to have OVERLAP in spot beams, would that cause some type of speed issues?

I am in an overlap of 41 and 42....

As far as your brother's consistent speeds.....wasn't he a "new" install?

and you're an upgrade?

Just my theory that new installs have priority over upgrades.  Also the DSS #'s aren't even in the same sequence!

They would have so many more happy customers if the support was worth a crap. I assumed NOC was still operating in MD. My brothers account is over the 30days actually in the 40's still holding over 90% or better of home plan speed? Wish I could say the same for mine....compared system #s, signal etc... makes no sense that a home plan would not get throttled but a higher plan would?

If you happen to have OVERLAP in spot beams, would that cause some type of speed issues?

I am in an overlap of 41 and 42....

You can have an issue if the Installer points you or authorizes you onto the wrong beam that is almost at the edge of your location. But your signal strength would probably show real low, if that were to happen. From what I've read, it is rare to happen.

I don't know how perfect the beam map is for showing the spots.  

And does anyone have a list of the NOC's(or "gateway earth station") being used for the SpaceWay3? I am not sure if they are separate from the KU NOC's

Copy and paste the whole link as hughesnet links are crap.

http://www.hughes.com/HUGHES/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial?Container=com.webridge.entity.Entity[OID[AE0AEEB47DA4A043A56932DA208C37E5]]

As more than 600,000 Hughes customers in North America go about their day-to-day activities, many may be unaware of the extensive satellite network and control center thats behind managing their HughesNet

Yeah, I read that a while back......About the NOC..... did you watch the video with it?

I think I seen a NOC operator throttle my speeds in that video.  He had my diag page up on his console!

LOL (just kidding).  Makes you wonder what they do to you system, though, as they have DIRECT control of your modem!!!  I watched Tier-4 nosey around in my modem one night.  He could pull up every screen I could as well as reboot the modem.