HughesNet response to my BBB complaint

guitarjim

It does seem the HN9000 works well in harsh weather as today my signal dropped from normally 170-180 to below 70 at times, still good speeds....also noticed the NWP number increased to in the 50's which is normally around 35-37. The rain was heavy enough the older Ku system likely wouldn't have worked.....this part is actually an upgrade.

That is an advantage of the HN9000 and the newer dish.  Its come a monster storm here, and I've sit and watched the signal degrade, and pick back up.  i been surfin' when its literaly pouring down rain.

I think that's its ONLY advantage, though! LOL  :2funny:

My HN7000S pointed at H1 was around 80 seemed to change with software updates as well as Xpol readings...I forget the low # on the signal before service dropped out..seems around 40 if my memory is correct.

Signal on a HN9000 normally is around 180-160.  I have seen it as high as 200.

Here's a trick.  If you experience an outage in heavy rain, your signal is low but you are still connected.....

Go into the ADVANCED control panel (the little man/wizard)......Go into the menu where you SUBMIT USAGE and AUDIT DATA.....do that about 10 times, about 30 seconds apart (or set the update interval to that)......

I guarantee you your signal level will improve.  I think it reports this info to the NOC, and it automatically boosts a stronger signal.  Now, taking, you have VERY HEAVY DOWNPOUR and hail, dont expect it to work, period.

Hey, I'm getting sucky speeds tonight, just like Hughesnet!!!!!!  they claim something is wrong with the USB modem, and sending me another one . . . We'll see.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 232 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 507 kB)

Download Speed is:: 28 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/10/15 - 8:49pm

Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 36.57 sec

Tested from a 507 kB file and took 17.916 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 28.05 % of your hosts average (myvzw.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZL2GN5DMB

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS) [!]

By this point, you should see Hughesnet has HIGHS and lows.

Its just like Wireless Broadband...up and down.... But still a hellofalot better than satellite.

At least the signal is bouncing 7 miles away, not 2300+ miles.

I cant believe it three nights in a row....advertised (actually above) speeds during peak hours? its also raining here.

:::::::::::::::::.. Download Stats ..:::::::::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 2213 Kbps about 2.2 Mbps (tested with 3064 kB)

Download Speed is:: 270 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/10/17 - 7:36pm

Bottom Line:: 39X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.79 sec

Tested from a 3064 kB file and took 11.34 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 151.48 % faster than the average for host (DirecWay.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-1P5YEQCD7

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)

::::::::::.. Upload Stats ..::::::::::

Upload Connection is:: 243 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 30 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/10/17 - 7:40pm

Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 34.13 sec

Tested from a 1496 kB file and took 50.486 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 57.79 % faster than the average for host (DirecWay.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KP83NS60C

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)

Sounds like you might enjoy that phone call.... :grin:

Seems the evening speed issue is fixed for me now (finally).......this is like the 4th evening in a row with at or above advertised speeds, so I'm satisfied for now. I'm sure the issue will crop up again in the near future with all the Ku customers switching to the Ka system.

For me my time on the phone complaining was well worth the effort: free equipment, free install and 30days free service, and no 2yr contract.

Plus sold my HN7000S and two transmitters on eBay........$155  :2funny:

Got a collection letter from NCO (the biggest joke of a collection that ever exist)..

Hughes states I owe them $222+ for my last failed account...One that THEY cancelled because they had no resolution for my sucky*** service/speed issues.

I guess ECC is going to get another call tomorrow.

Poor William.

Ya know, A lot of people in your position, from the start, would of just taken the Hughesnet crap up the backside.  :buck2:

And now the thing that people crap their pants about(and stops any intension of fighting for whats right) is happening to you. A feeble attempt at freaking up your credit history.

So now you will have to wait a month or two before your next purchase of a Yacht. And that fabulous island off of the Arab Emirates.  :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6:

I've dealt with NCO before on a Comcast account where they tried to jip me....Was supposed to be like

$19.95 for 12 months, and they'd only honor it for 6 months(although I had all the printouts and order history).

I only paid the $19.95 after the 6 months....I think they cut the service off in the 8th month, and sent it to NCO.

I never seen it on my credit report though.  I think some collections agencies have more power to report than others.  Doesn't matter. I have a high enough credit score where 1 ding wont matter (and its not like they are

claiming thousands of dollars).

Ya know, A lot of people in your position, from the start, would of just taken the Hughesnet crap up the backside.  :buck2:

And now the thing that people crap their pants about(and stops any intension of fighting for whats right) is happening to you. A feeble attempt at freaking up your credit history.

So now you will have to wait a month or two before your next purchase of a Yacht. And that fabulous island off of the Arab Emirates.  :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6:

I can assure that telephone call today wasn't pretty. 

William called me after I forwarded my email I previously sent to them about this collection notice

about 20 times (to [email protected] and [email protected]).

After about 20 times, they must have blocked my email address, since they bounced back.  Then about 2

minutes later a call from 301-428-5500...Yep, its Hughes.

In short, I told him how their their own NOC is screwing customers and making people at ECC miserable.

He told me i *MUST* pay the balance owed.  I told him I didn't HAVE to do anything......Since the bank

ruled my chargeback in my favor (with the 20 so pages of documentation AGAINST them).

GEES, let me name the ways I hate these people!

Sounds like you might enjoy that phone call.... :grin:

:

Hughes makes it quite a task to get anywhere with either a phone call or email to executive customer care......I'm sure quite a high percentage gives up or does not even bother. I wouldn't pay the bill either, you can always dispute the negative on your credit report too, likely its already on.

Actually, I believe a very high percentage dont even know there is any means of contact beyond Indian tech support or Philipino Billing support.

I've read in many posts that tech and billing support tells customers there is NO where else they can write or call...Of course, they are trained to say that.

Being sent to ECC is possible from having SO MANY logged calls or emails they are at the end of the rope....they seriously dont know what to do.....then they dump customers off on ECC......OR people complain to the BBB, thus being contacted by ECC.... OR they find the [email protected] or [email protected] contact information.

DAMN IT!  I had the # to ECC and the current PIN #, but I deleted it from my email in disgust.  I should have POSTED it here! LOL

Anyway, I'm not going to be bullied by NCO. they're a joke. I told WILLIAM I was not paying it, and that the bank had ruled my chargeback in my favor.  If it does end up on my credit report, I have access to all 3 bureaus to dispute it!      And the saga continues!

Hughes makes it quite a task to get anywhere with either a phone call or email to executive customer care......I'm sure quite a high percentage gives up or does not even bother. I wouldn't pay the bill either, you can always dispute the negative on your credit report too, likely its already on.

Anything else I could provide?    There's all the information you could ever need to complain about

your Hughesnet service ! ! !

You should have read the kiss-a** email William sent me.  these people definately know how to kiss the BBB's A** as well.

anyway, I forwarded the bank the 36 pages of emails I had sent Hughes about service related, and their 36 "form" responses that basically stated the same thing....

At least, the bank ruled in my favor.  I did not have to pay any of that.  And I'll NEVER remit a dime to NCO!

I won this battle!

Now "THATS" what I call getting right to the top.  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I love how William blocked my email address to avoid any further contact.

Its not like I can't create another one somewhere else. !LOL

I sent executive care another email complaint today.....my speeds are again starting to slow in the evening hours. Didn't figure the fix would last....might just be the downlink cell my area is on? uploads stay the same for the most part still around 250kbps.The downloads are going as low as 300kbps.

• 1 month later...