A Problem I've Had For Months and Have Never Been Able to Solve

altoidz

team viewer workd great i agree, but i'll say this , there are many hack out there that have allowed those that want , to gain access to there servers and make there own connection to the machine with the client on it. I know this as factual because i've seen it with my own eye's. I have stopped using it, and went with real vnc.

Although there paid version is ssl capable which i would think would do the job.

team viewer workd great i agree, but i'll say this , there are many hack out there that have allowed those that want , to gain access to there servers and make there own connection to the machine with the client on it. I know this as factual because i've seen it with my own eye's. I have stopped using it, and went with real vnc.

Although there paid version is ssl capable which i would think would do the job.

can you confirm this?

• 1 month later...

Well mudmanc4 since you said how you were curious as to how to solve this, I've finally solved it. What the solution is what it is I'm not sure. I was hoping maybe you tell me haha. Anyway in the Wireless tab of my router's configuration there is a Network Mode: drop down menu with some options being Mixed, B Only, G Only, N Only, BG Mixed, etc. Well I had it on Mixed which I assume means B, G, and N compatibility. By switching it to G Only, I no longer have any lag spikes whatsoever. I believe this does gimp the capability of my router though since it is an N draft. What's weird is that if I set it to N only, I still lag. Wtf? Anyway I haven't even noticed a significant drop in my speed, but there is no more spiking and that's exactly what I wanted.

I was also wondering if you had any idea how to make a signal booster? It'd be cool if I could go from 4 bars consistently to 5!

Far as I know, when you get down to the meat of it all, "N"  stands for Nothing more then distance, or range, In other words N routers have the capability to send the signal further. If this is the final say, I can't say, but this is what I get out of it.

If you want to boost the range, or the transmit power, then you could flash that thing with DD-WRT in which contains a setting that allows you to change the TX , or transmit power level from something like 20-250 milliwatts <<< or something.

I see. Well then, since dd-wrt is not supportable of my router there is nothing I can do. This will do just fine though for what I need. Could maybe use a little more power with CoD MW2's IWNet lag though haha. Next time I will know to buy a router that supports dd-wrt before I make a purchase!