Internet Network Neutrality

zalternate

Internet Network Neutrality.  :smiley6600:

http://www.brookings.edu/events/2009/0921_broadband_communications.aspx

A Discussion with Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski

Improving Broadband and Mobile Communications

Event Summary

Recognizing the need to expand the U.S. broadband network to ensure America

Keeping an open mind in every aspect concerning the future of "the internet" in my opinion is something that should be the first on the list.

This world has already begun to stop itself from the basics of growth in so many aspects by means of politics, that these that are making these decisions fail to see that they may have already destroyed something that very well could have made themselves more successful.

Keeping an open mind in every aspect concerning the future of "the internet" in my opinion is something that should be the first on the list.

This world has already begun to stop itself from the basics of growth in so many aspects by means of politics, that those that are making these decisions fail to see that they may have already destroyed something that very well could have made themselves more successful.

Well luckily I am on a good ISP that just sells you a connection and none of that DNS redirections or hacking of your Internet stream to post ad's in other peoples webpages.  Rogers was experimenting on overwriting other peoples webpages ad's with it's own customers ad's. And for some strange reason, our Government see's nothing wrong with that. $$$$$$$$

Except that RBC has forecast that Telus(good) will merge with Bell(bad) in about two years. They both are working together at the moment to thwart the evil Cable Industry up here.  A new 4G wireless network and expansion of Bells satellite TV in the West with Telus's name on the dish/firmware only(so the dumb consumer goes"Me like Telus, But not Bell". "So me get service from Telus").

Then theres our Government and various inward turning tendencies.   'Purify' the 'Heritage' of Canada. Meanwhile Our TV networks can't make watchable shows for the masses and keep buying U.S. programming.

:haha:  Gotta love the enthusiasm !

What appears to be happening is much like you state, people relying on government to make all the decisions, instead of private companies, thats where things go astray. Regulation over a snifter of fine brandy, and a cuban rolled leaf by a tiny fingered 10 year old solves every issue.

If government would keep there hands off privatized corporations, and let the people decide with there dollars who stays and goes, what actually makes something work of-r not in the final say is the people that use the service, no matter what that might be.

So regulation of anything doesn't work, never has. What should happen is companies should be allowed to fail, so to alloothers that have made the right decisions as to what the consumers draw in move to a better position, there fore expanding the infrastructure by default.