tweaking

VanBuren

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem :)

Do you have any cable tweaks for a 4mb download/512kb upload line? I last tweaked using cable nut for 3mb down 384kbit up (when i was on 3/256). I get around 450-500ish, a couple tests got around 520. My dad has the same cable plan and he can get 6mb down and 600ish up :)

No problem :)

Do you have any cable tweaks for a 4mb download/512kb upload line? I last tweaked using cable nut for 3mb down 384kbit up (when i was on 3/256). I get around 450-500ish, a couple tests got around 520. My dad has the same cable plan and he can get 6mb down and 600ish up :)

Do you have SP2 installed?

VanBuren :)

if you have a router installed, download this attached file (Cable & DSL 4000 512.zip ), unzip it to C:ProgramCablenut

open cablenut adjuster, click delete cablenut tweaks and click save to registry, in top left corner click file, load custom settings file,  browse to C:ProgramCablenut and dubble click on the file you unzipped.

now click save to registry and reboot

check speed again, use the 2992 KB testfile for download and 1496KB testfile upstream, also make a new tweaktest and post result

good luck

Tweaked using the config file you said.

http://ttester.broadbandreports.com/tweak/block:50410b9?service=cable&speed=4000&os=winXP&via=normal <-- there is a tweak test. The download locks right on at 4.5-4.6mbits now instead of fluctuating. The upload goes up and down a lot more than it did. IE, 70 KB/sec, 60 KB/sec 30 KB/sec, etc.... Anyway to stabilize that?

Reran it -- http://ttester.broadbandreports.com/tweak/block:255248a?service=cable&speed=4000&os=winXP&via=normal

Speed test:

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

hey BAF :)

to get a more stable upload try reduce your DefaultSendWindow 63488

that value is kinda high, but it will work for most ppl and thats how i build the files

try a lower value, just make sure its multiple with 1024

i would do it in steps of 8192

so try 16384 and after that try 24576 and so on

good luck

Also, I noticed my download locks on on speedtests, but for exapmle, moves around a lot getting from microsoft.com. Prolly their servers, but i didnt know if ther ewould be a different tweak for it.

must have been server, unless your using SP2 tweak on a SP1 system

I am running the sp1 tweaks on sp1 at the moment.

upanddown.PNG

It goes up and down during an NDT test. I get like 750 KB/sec on a download test here now that it is offpeak (it starts at 300 and then goes faster). See how the upload goes up and down? No matter what i put for the sendwin values, it still does it... any ideas?

Download is satisfying enough - weee.png

I randomly tried 384000 for my upload...

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 678.38Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 4.38Mb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 10 Mbps Ethernet subnet

Information: Other network traffic is congesting the link

:D :D