What a Strange Week........

ninjageek

Its almost been a trip to the twilight zone for me. My Computer Died. It was simply the Power button went bad. How many times has ANYONE ever seen this happen. Odd. So I decide I am gonna upgrade my Computer anyway. Order a bare bones setup Went with the AMD Phenom 550. Get it and switch out the Cpu fan. I had a better one In my old case.

Start looking at the motherboard, Oh man. My Old harddrives no good. Have to Switch to SATA. I had IDE  Ok. Get that delt with.No Biggie. I keep everything backed up.  Now its SLOW to boot. Drove me crazy what could be the problem. It turns out to be my Keyboard is bad. Are you kidding me. First a Power Button then a keyboard?? What are the Odds?? So any one have such strange problems with there computer?

There is a converter card that plugs into the back of the IDE drive to convert to sata.  I am going to see how they work in about three weeks. Probably just use it on my second hard drive and use a new sata for the main drive. Since my IDE hard drives are new enough.

This one is a better one, that is not an open card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232004&cm_re=ide_to_sata_converter-_-12-232-004-_-Product

Or I could go the way of a Sata DVD drive and use the ide slot on the new MoBo for the IDE hard drives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118033&cm_re=sata_dvd_drive-_-27-118-033-_-Product

And technology rolls on. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There is a converter card that plugs into the back of the IDE drive to convert to sata.  I am going to see how they work in about three weeks. Probably just use it on my second hard drive and use a new sata for the main drive. Since my IDE hard drives are new enough.

This one is a better one, that is not an open card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232004&cm_re=ide_to_sata_converter-_-12-232-004-_-Product

Or I could go the way of a Sata DVD drive and use the ide slot on the new MoBo for the IDE hard drives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118033&cm_re=sata_dvd_drive-_-27-118-033-_-Product

And technology rolls on. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep, its never free.  :evil:

I have no idea about now, but say 8 years or so ago those "converters" stunk on ice.

Yea, this week has been strange for my "stuff" too, put a new system together, moved the old ( 6 month old) board and well, everything but the PS to a new case, seriously, the power switch went bad on the old case, a real nice antec case, super nice, I didn't believe it when I read you had one go bad as well.

Then, the new / old stuff , that is just moved, wont install the OS, I get this error right here > BSOD  " IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"  all the zero's and then "0x80523E78"  it installs the system files, then as soon as xp installs the devices , BAM, every time. I tried two different OS disks , and two different SATA drives, set everything to defaults on the MB, same thing, changed the memory out, same thing, I'm stuck !

Looked it up and something about bad driver or something , dunno :( Never seen that one.  So yea, whats up