Audio over HDMI 1.3

Le_Murphant

I will start by apologizing for spamming the HELP thread. As of writing this, I will have the three first posts in the HELP! With Other Stuff category but oh well, it comes with having 2 new boxes and a new network I guess.

So, as you might have guessed by the title, I can't seem to get any audio over my HDMI connection to my HDTV, which is a Samsung LN40B530. I first tried plugging my new box with a Radeon HD 4850 with HDMI out into the first HDMI port, and there was no problem with the video but no audio. After looking at the manual I found there was something special about the audio on that port so I switched to the second port, and still no-go. I tried getting my laptop on the third port with another cable with the same specs and still no audio. I'm not sure what to try now. My cables are HDMI 1.3 class but not 1.3b, although from what I found that should not be an issue here. All my video drivers were the latest.

The TV's manual can be downloaded here http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/305/305LN32530.PDF

The cables I bought are these http://www.eforcity.com/257523.html?int=efsechtxtrigos-item

Thanks in advance for the help.

THe first thing I can think of, is to make sure the default audio output on the computer is set to the Radeon 4850, and not the audio on the MB.

Ehh, should of thought of that... It fixed it. I looked for such an option in the video card driver but didn't think about going in windows sound.

Thanks for the help.