Which 1 would you buy ?

Blunted 2

I would be using it for some gaming and making some game videos.  I will also use the webcam a nice amount and bringing it to work and helping my friend work on a website, web browsing and some other things.  I was curious on what people thought about dell and asus ;) I was thinking about waiting for WIN 7 to be out on the laptops but this was on sale and is usually a nice amount more than this so I was wondering if I should wait. 

What will be the difference between me getting win 7 on the laptop or me getting the disc from dell besides me installing it ?

If this were me, I would in no way allow myself to be subjected to "7" , until it has been in the wild for more then a few RC's, pirated VM's, and out right lab rat testing.

If you get the laptop at the right time, with XP installed, and an upgrade CD which will certainly be the full version,  and wait until the mass google searches on how to fix , repair, download drivers, blah blah, well that would be optimal, expecially investing money right now, I would go worth something proven over time such as XP, MS's best OS.

Personally I find the x86 runs a lot smoother than the x64. I ran the 64bit for a while and got tired of program incompatibility. I'm getting ready to put a new hard drive in this laptop and will go with the 32bit RTM with the 64bit upgrade!

Did you mean the 32 bit , not the architecture ? Just seeing if I don't understand something.....

You know what, this years sales are going to be crappy , the Christmas shoppers simply don't have it, well, they will surely be getting credit increases for the holiday season, so my thoughts are your gonna get real good deal on nice "stuff" the beginning of the new year.

By then, the quirks should be worked out in 7.

The hot deals will be on newegg before christmas. Pretty good shit. Should be cheaper than that. Coknuck got a hot deal last year like that. I on the other hand missed a sweet deal on a moniter, still waiting to do it again this year. Yep on a moniter again.  :lol: Maybe I will not drag as long this time. Was like a 22" $189 one for $139.