Windows Sidebar

jchen

I have Windows Vista, and I've always had the Windows sidebar until a few months ago it suddenly vanished and never came back. I tried restarting the computer, because usually if I restart it, it comes back, but ever since it never came back. I went to the control panel, personalization and appearance and clicked on the option for windows sidebar, but nothing happened. WIll I ever get the sidebar back?  :sad:

I appreciate your help

goto start > then in the search box at the bottom, type "sidebar"      without the quotes, and bam, there you go :)

If this does nothing, or gives you an error that there needs to be a service running, post it , and someone will help you get it running again

I killed the SideBar as one of the first things I did to Vista to Fix it to work better.  :twisted:

My Windows 7 RC is on the new build machine now(off the old tester machine) and it's just so freaking awesome. Fast and no crashes.

goto start > then in the search box at the bottom, type "sidebar"      without the quotes, and bam, there you go :)

If this does nothing, or gives you an error that there needs to be a service running, post it , and someone will help you get it running again

I clicked on sidebar in the search results but nothing came up

Here, this is how you can find it. I will attach a picture for easier explanation.

Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Windows Sidebar

Picture attached.

whatever button that says windows sidebar doesnt work for me. nothing comes up at all.