howdy y'all i'm a new member

bonedady

howdy y'all I'm a new member even though i signed up a while back I've never explored this site. so I'm here now... with a question of course. I'm trying to decipher all of the speed abbrev. i  have a fairly fast connection... i think but i don't understand why my down speed is so much faster than the up speed. is this normal if not can it be fixed? can anyone help me?

thanks 

i think but i don't understand why my down speed is so much faster than the up speed. is this normal if not can it be fixed? can anyone help me?

thanks  

Uploads in the general 800Kbps range compared to download ranges of 2Mbps to 30Mbps speeds.

I think fiber has a higher upload speeds. And the occasional cable system with really fast speeds can be in the 3Mbps range.

But unless you are uploading large torrents all day long, no need for high upload speeds, says the ISP's. But then theres Comcrap and them not wanting anyone to do Torrents on their network.

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 28990 Kbps about 28.99 Mbps (tested with 25600 kB)

Download Speed is:: 3539 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 1213 Kbps about 1.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 148 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/10/12 - 11:33pm

took me a minute to figure out how to get my speed test to show up here. I'm not sure what these numbers mean.