Sound Problem!

Guest PeePs

Ok, so my computer has always been fine with the sound, but now all of a sudden it's starting to crap out. Sometimes while I'm playing a game the sound only comes out of 1 speaker. At times it goes out on that 1 speaker for like 5 seconds then kinda jsut snaps back to perfect sound. Sometimes it will get fuzzy in the speaker but the sound still comes out fine, and other times it will get real quiet in that one speaker, but it still has sound coming out of it. I know the speakers aren't broken because i plugged headphones directly into the computer and it still didnt work in the right headphones ear. I know its not that one application/game because it happens with all the programs and games that have sound on my computer. Yes, I have downloaded the latest driver for my audio, and that didn't help. I did recently reformat and I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for a reformat to mess your sound up? I also had my power supply upgraded to accomadate my new video card I got this Christmas. I upgraded from a 250 WAtt (I think) to 480 Watts. Is it a possibility that the new powersupply is doing this? My computer has Realtek AC-97 Audio from HP. You can view the computer specifications here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=364171&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00039102

If it was working fine before the power boost, then i would say so. Also your sound card may be going. I think your best bet is to take it to someone and have it checked out. Also the new video card may somehow be conflicting with the audio  card, since they both work when your playing a game. Good luck hope this helps.  ;)

Guest helloimtim

Did you check your connections on the back of the computer to make sure the jack for the speaker is seated right? Also it could be your speakers. Maybey try a new set ? Hope that helps.

Did you check your connections on the back of the computer to make sure the jack for the speaker is seated right? Also it could be your speakers. Maybey try a new set ? Hope that helps.

He stated in his first post that he knows it's not his speakers because he hooked headphones into the same jack and the problem was still there. :lol:

-REH

Hmm, I'm starting to think maybe my best bet is just to invest $20 to buy a cheap new video card?

I think your best bet is to take it to someone and have it checked out. Also the new video card may somehow be conflicting with the audio

I've found the sound produced with a 100 dollar sound card is far in the way better then a 20 dollar sound card, but unless your listening to betahoven, or like great quality in your listening then a 20 dollar card is fine. It's up to you, but yes it will be much better quality with a 100 dollar sound card.  ;)