laptop is on its way

starship_troopers

thanks man, and since its usually 849.99 and i got it for 799 its quite a steal IMO.  im psyched because it jsut got released right before i logged in to order it. and to think...i was gonna order a cheapo laptop and use the rest of my spending cash for other things, but now with that plan gone for good, i could spend more money on a better machine

thanks tommie, and i know it wont be a super machine that has bragging rights over everyone else, but when i get it i'll post up some benchmarks and stuff about it. espeically since its the release of windows 7. i know people are wondering what its going to be like and i'll gladly post up my review of it to help others.  :grin2:

Your probably right, the ship was actually a Halloween hoax for real ................  :haha: Just kidding.

knowing my luck recently they will be like oh we lost it but we shipped another one out..but we are charging you for both of them  :haha: :haha:

nah but sometimes carriers dont update their site frequently enough to show it really shipped. but if all goes liek it should and like i paid over 70 bucks extra for...it should be here tomorrow right before i leave for work.  :grin2:

knowing my luck recently they will be like oh we lost it but we shipped another one out..but we are charging you for both of them  :haha: :haha:

nah but sometimes carriers dont update their site frequently enough to show it really shipped. but if all goes liek it should and like i paid over 70 bucks extra for...it should be here tomorrow right before i leave for work.  :grin2:

If it dont arrive ontime, likely you can request a refund on the extra shipping cost...... :idea:

well i got it. windows 7 was a breeze to configure, just like the RC, and it hasnt had one single problem. even though its a 64bit OS and im using alot of 32bit programs. no problems whats so ever!  also...its a finger print magnet, but thats why  people shouldnt complain and they should just use a microfiber cloth and wipe it down once in a while...

the webcam is amazing quality, and i have a screensaver where if i say things such as How are you? or What time is it? a rabbit on the screen will respond to me lmao.

everything on this laptop for the experience index in windows 7 is 5.7 except the graphics which are 6.4  :grin:

and i used another 2.5 inch hard disk and backed up a image of my drive just incase.

dont laugh at the dirty desk...im in the process of throwing things around to make room for this, so i spilt some pop and stuff but hey its gonna get cleaner, so dont judge me by that  :haha:

i have it set to landscape theme, so the wallpaper changes every few minutes. but heres what its on right now.

let me know what you guys think. overall im very satisfied with this, and from a full charge i got over 3 hours and it was still on 38 or 40 percent left on balanced mode...wonder what ecosaver will be like  :twisted:

any questions about win 7 or this laptop lemme know. i havent gamed on it yet

ok well after playing with it for a bit loner, i have noticed that it doesnt get hot at all, the air blowing out the side itsself is only warm. and when i go to the crysis demo and go to options and hit optimal settings it puts them all on HIGH, and it runs beautifully. the battery life for being a 6 cell battery is pretty awesome lasting over 3 hours easily. the function key (FN) on my keyboard when pushed instead of only letting me find the shortcut on my keyboard to adjust things such as brightness or whatever, is awesome...it pops up on the screen at the top so i just click and drag. hell of a lot easier.

one bad thing, TONS of bloatware in msconfig at startup, havent removed it all yet but wow its loaded. after turning that off it only takes a few seconds to boot up. another con to this machine is that i can not find a setting anywhere that lets me turn off the loud BEEP it makes when pushing a touch sensor button at the top. especially the volume ones, because if i turn up or down the volume, even if i keep my finger on the button it beeps for every one point the volume goes up or down. but thats nitpicking....

overall great machine and even crysis gets put up to the test on this thing.  the dvd player program that came installed on here is sweet also, it has an option for me to upscale dvd's to HD to look better on my screen. now thats sweet.  :wink:

if anyone wants to know something specific on this system let me know, and i'll try to hlep with other questions

• 2 months later...

ok well after playing with it for a bit loner, i have noticed that it doesnt get hot at all, the air blowing out the side itsself is only warm. and when i go to the crysis demo and go to options and hit optimal settings it puts them all on HIGH, and it runs beautifully. the battery life for being a 6 cell battery is pretty awesome lasting over 3 hours easily. the function key (FN) on my keyboard when pushed instead of only letting me find the shortcut on my keyboard to adjust things such as brightness or whatever, is awesome...it pops up on the screen at the top so i just click and drag. hell of a lot easier.

one bad thing, TONS of bloatware in msconfig at startup, havent removed it all yet but wow its loaded. after turning that off it only takes a few seconds to boot up. another con to this machine is that i can not find a setting anywhere that lets me turn off the loud BEEP it makes when pushing a touch sensor button at the top. especially the volume ones, because if i turn up or down the volume, even if i keep my finger on the button it beeps for every one point the volume goes up or down. but thats nitpicking....

overall great machine and even crysis gets put up to the test on this thing.  the dvd player program that came installed on here is sweet also, it has an option for me to upscale dvd's to HD to look better on my screen. now thats sweet.  ;-)

if anyone wants to know something specific on this system let me know, and i'll try to hlep with other questions

Hey there Ryan, saw this post on a google search.

I was seriously thinking about buying this laptop, and I was wondering if it played WoW on the highest settings?  And how does it rate overall in performance.

Other than the bloatware, and the beep, is there anything else that is negative about this machine.?

I also sent you a PM in case you dont check this, and since your helping me out in information I'll try and help you out.

Doing some research I found to turn the beep off  go to Control Panel>Sounds>Right Click Speakers>Properties>Levels>PC Beep should fix the problem.

Thanks a ton Ryan, hope to hear back from you.