windows experience index

JH2688

New machine with the Windows 7 RC 32 bit....

8 gigs of ram. 4 Gigs are seen with 32 bit.

I have a new Intel Core Duo 3GHz and it comes up as 6.4 .

But the good graphics card comes up at 5.3. But I have not tweaked the graphics card, until I get the Windows 7 full version on it.

well...im running the real version of windows 7 home premium and here is what my laptop scored under that experience index...

by the way an easy way to get to system information box is to push and hold down the windows key and pausebreak key.

System  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

Model Satellite A505

Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM

System type 64-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 2

Storage  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 221 GB

Disk partition (C:) 171 GB Free (221 GB Total)

Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics  

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M

Total available graphics memory 2814 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 1790 MB

Display adapter driver version 8.15.11.8642

Primary monitor resolution 1366x768

DirectX version DirectX 10

Network  

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Network Adapter Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

edit/ also my laptop does play crysis on high smoothly...on very high though it gets sluggish in firefights. but all in all i believe that test is accurate for intel based systems, and amd ones it seems to go whacky on. i've noticed that

Well, im running the 64 bit version of windows 7. I've also ran 3dmark vintage a couple of time and my scores on that were really low in the mid 2000. Could it be that something is not running properly,

This test just does not make any since, people with slower cpu's get a better score than people with faster one. so far the test seem to favor the intel chips.

Something must be configured wrong somewhere cause that chip should score a lot higher and about what mine scores. Stock at 2.66 ghz mine is 7.2 i think and mine is overclocked to 3.33 ghz. When I shut off hyper threading my score goes down a little but I dont know what your issue can be.

This is your processor isn't it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103674

well i updated my bios, i dont know what it was before, but i did it anyway. nothing changed. I think maybe these tests are incorrect, because everything else seems to be working just fine. Everything i do is really fast, everything says its working theirs nothing out of the ordinary.