hughesnet

brewmaster

is it me or is HUGHESNET?

it seems the more i complain to them about slow speeds the more problems i have,IE,this morning i was on fap and i called CS and had it released .i then was transfered to level 3 in Fla.for 2 hrs we ran all kinds of tests ,transfered to level 4 ,after getting off the phone i checked my usage and to my surprise i hand downloaded 51.9 MB from 8-9 am i thought test times were not counted or am i just stupid

brewmaster

Any data IN or OUT of your modem is counted against your threshold.

It doesn't matter whether you're doing it for testing purposes or not.

I've went over fap WHILE ACTUALLY ON THE PHONE DOING TESTS!!!!

You should read the other threads about Hughesnet created on here.  I've wrote a book in this forum it seems about my experiences with them.

Contact information for Hughes is posted here as well.  Give William a call! :-)

is it me or is HUGHESNET?

it seems the more i complain to them about slow speeds the more problems i have,IE,this morning i was on fap and i called CS and had it released .i then was transfered to level 3 in Fla.for 2 hrs we ran all kinds of tests ,transfered to level 4 ,after getting off the phone i checked my usage and to my surprise i hand downloaded 51.9 MB from 8-9 am i thought test times were not counted or am i just stupid

brewmaster

hn 7000s modem pro + plan yes i have been dooing speed tests since the 27th of last month per tech support

What is your transponder and satellite? Maybe there is news on it being crappy at this time or in the past.

You could try to get on a new transponder on the KU systems. while trying to avoid having to spend a $100 for a re-aim.

Or try the free, no contract upgrade to the HN9000 KA band. Well, free if you push it. Hughesnet would love to get people off of the old systems. Some get better speeds. Some get screwed due to the users old profile being on the system still and causing 'issues'.

hn 7000s modem pro + plan yes i have been dooing speed tests since the 27th of last month per tech support

I'm surprised Hughes is not offering you Spaceway3 / HN9000. Speeds are much better on the Ka band and if you complain to the right people, equipment, install, and no contract at zero cost....unless you are already under contract that may not fly. Should work unless you have a line of sight issue to 95w.

Hughesnet Executive Customer Care

[email protected]

[email protected]

1-866-636-0012 (Office of the President)

Current Pin # - 397158

New Pin Starting 10/26/09 is 913854

Complaints? Voice them to William @ ECC

This very well may take 7-14 days for a response, but you will get one.....be patient and know your facts when demanding a fix. Do not pussy foot around about asking for free service until the issue is fixed etc...