usb 2.0 ports arent working.

Ryan314

I'm not sure when this started happening but lately my usb 2.0 ports aren't working as fast as they should be. When I try to sync my iphone it literally takes hours for me to get all of my music on the phone, and it never took that long. I frequently get a pop up notification when i plug the phone in saying "the ports aren't working as fast as they should be 2.0 isnt working" or something to that effect.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Ryan

I don't know if this is the answer, but have you tried a different cable?

Now this is because I was monkeying around yesterday with a USB device and shifted the plug about(as in stressed) and the computer popped up a notice of "this device can perform faster".

I would update the drivers, maybe even see what you can do on the iPhone.  I have no experience with the iPhone as of yet though, so I might be talking out my usb port..... sounds as if for some reason of another, the ports reverted to 1.0, considering your running "7" , right ? There are bound to be a few bugs as they work out this whole dynamic thing they are purporting head on.

7? if you mean windows 7 then nah I'm on XP :P

and yeah ive tried getting drivers but i cant find anything relevant.

oops , I thought you were running 7  :/

Try looking in device manager, when you find it, then update it. If thats not an option, maybe look for the motherboard manufacturer for system drivers.  I dunno, is this that laptop  /

nah this is just my desktop, I've updated my bios but I cant find drivers for my MOBO.

bleh this sucks haha.

I skimmed the thread, and didn't see what MB you have, it's probably right in front of my face, I seem to have some some of temporary blindness from time to time, can you post it, and I'll look a bit for something, anything to get to the bottom of this. For one I wanna know what the hell is going on so when I run into it, I already know, see.