Not getting 4.0mb, Im all tweaked out.....

zakk

Anti virus, spybot and temp files are checked and cleaned 1-2 times daily or when needed. I have played with my rwin and can show some of the settings if u want to see them. I have also played the the network and some other settings.

does anybody know how to calculate this setting. Thanx.....

Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 65535

RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 0 bits

Unscaled Receive Window = 65535

Note: Under Windows 9x, if you have RWIN set to any other value, and the Analyzer reports 65535 you might need to install the MS Vtcp386 fix

For optimum performance, consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS.

Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:

511104 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)

255552 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)

127776 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)

63888 (MSS x 44)

• 1 month later...

u have bell sympatico ultra right i have sympatico hse

the new upgrades that they did are advertizing the sync rate u are getting god speed after u fact out the overhead

iam on normal high speed heres what i get 2600/680

and they advertize 3000/800 but thats the sync rate

and ultra is 4000/800 sync after overhead about 3400/680

If you are not getting over the advertized speed it could be a few things:

1) Your isp has really strict bandwidth limits.

2) the upgrade to the new speed isnt complete

3) To many people are on you node

4) You are on dsl(the replacing the phone jack thing you mentioned)

If you are on DSL and it happens to be SDSL you are being fooled by the ISP. The current capable limits on that technology are, as I understand it, 3mbs. Which would explain why you are not seeing the 4 that you are talking about. The router shouldnt effect you speed greatly but a firewall could. Post 2 download tests and upload tests. This will helps us out!

acually the limit on dsl is 8mbps i have sympatico they advertize 4000/800 but thats the sync rate like i siad after overhead u get about 3400.640 real world speeds u have nothin to worry about and sypatico offers unlimited bandwidth! :lol:

hey why when I turn on kazza my download speed improves? :whaa:

:o Your speed most likely improved when you removed Kazam because it is full of low life,scum sucking , bottom feeding, browser hijacking ,spyware........ not that I'm bitter or anything I just think they are a bunch of asswipes....but other then the above mentioned things I guess their allright....lol..... actually after I got all the music..(stole???)... I removed that junk and it wasn't so easy ...it was before I really knew how lowlife those types of pgms are......as they say nothing is free:) Hope you enjoy the site:)

8) Microwave

Hey Lorne, I did a TCP analyzer report, Do u mind checking it out and let me know if the settings are correct.

MTU = 1492

MTU is optimized for PPoE DSL broadband. If not, consider raising MTU to 1500 for optimal throughput.

MSS = 1452

MSS is optimized for PPPoE DSL broadband. If not, consider raising MTU to 1500 for maximum throughput.

Note: Under Windows 9x, if you have RWIN set to any other value, and the Analyzer reports 65535 you might need to install the MS Vtcp386 fix.

511104 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)

63888 (MSS x 44)

bandwidth * delay product:

Your RcvWindow limits you to: 2621.4 Kbps (327.675 KBytes/s) @ 200ms

Your RcvWindow limits you to: 1048.56 Kbps (131.07 KBytes/s) @ 500ms

MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = OFF

Time to live left = 57 hops

TTL value is ok.

Timestamps (RFC1323) = OFF

Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON

does anybody know how to calculate this setting. Thanx.....

Note: Under Windows 9x, if you have RWIN set to any other value, and the Analyzer reports 65535 you might need to install the MS Vtcp386 fix

511104 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of

63888 (MSS x 44)

IP type of service field (RFC1349) = 00000000

One time i made a tweakguide how to calculate your RWIN, dunno if it still here, you can look in old post perhaps.

Well anyways, i think your MTU is set correct to 1492, probl you got MTU detection enabled.

I suggest you to use a RWIN that is multible with your MSS, in your case i would use 255552.

good luck :)

Everything looks good except this

Note: Under Windows 9x, if you have RWIN set to any other value, and the Analyzer reports 65535 you might need to install the MS Vtcp386 fix.

Is 65535 what you have your RWIN set at?? You might want to try the fix it suggests. You can also try setting your RWIN to 64240 that number seems to work well for a lot of people. :D

Since i dont know your OS zakk, i should guess its a win 95 or 98 cos by defult the RWIN cant be set higher then 65535

I agree with you lorne, try using Microsoft Windows 9x Vtcp.386 Update

go here https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

The following Microsoft patch fixes a bug in Vtcp.386. It should be installed on Windows 95, 98 or 98SE only. Windows ME already has this fix implemented.

According to Microsoft, because of a math error, the Windows 9x TCP/IP stack incorrectly computes a timer used to retransmit packets (based on round trip time to a server). When you are transmitting packets over high-speed/high-delay networks, such as any broadband Internet connection, this can result in unnecessary retransmissions and lower throughput... This fix helps reduce retransmission of packets, therefore improving the overall performance of the TCP/IP stack. While It achieves that, in some systems it might also reduce throughput a bit, since it increases the wait before a packet is retransmitted. If you decide to install this fix, backup, or rename Vtcp.386, located in the WindowsSystem directory, so you will have a way of going back to your original setting. You can download the Microsoft fix directly from here, please get the one corresponding to your version of Windows:

236926usa8.exe

Description: MS Vtcp.386 fix for Windows 98. Install and reboot for changes to take effect. This file will not interfere with any of the other patches.

OS: Windows 98/98SE | version: n/a | date: 08/13/1999 | filesize: 169 KB

236926usa5.exe

Description: MS Vtcp.386 fix for Windows 95. Install and reboot for changes to take effect. You need to have the updated Windows Sockets 2 for Windows 95 from Microsoft for the install to work.

IMPORTANT: In some Windows 95 systems, the new vtcp.386 does not work at all, please backup, or simply rename your original vtcp.386, rather than overwriting it, in case you need to revert to the original file.

OS: Windows 95 | version: n/a | date: 07/29/1999 | filesize: 171 KB

Windows Socket 2 update Windows 95

Description: Install and reboot for changes to take effect. This file will not interfere with any of the patches.

OS: Windows 95 | version: n/a | date: 07/29/1999 | filesize: 963 KB

Good luck :)