IRC Server

nanobot

Would you use an IRC server if it were made for Testmy.net?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use an IRC server if it were made for Testmy.net?

• Yes
    • No

Yes to idling depending on the network. No use making a new network, when an existing one can handle #testmy.net just fine.

Well, it won't be IRC, but it will be similar and Web Based so that any browser can use it. I am currently testing it, but IE doesn't update it. And Opera likes to have a wierd bug where it will show the messages, then show them again, so you have two copies. I don't know why any of them do what they do. I am going to try to fix them, but I don't know if it's possible.

Edit: I have found that FF is the best for it. I did fix it's "bug".

Thanks,

Nanobot

When I try that it will only let me type a few letters and no more.

You have to click the box again.

It's wierd, when the top refreshes, in order to type again you must click the box you were just typing in to begin with. Cause it selects the other window instead.

Thanks,

Nanobot

Ans i agree...its impossible to read things when i have to scroll down every few seconds  [nerd]

but is there any way to fix the refresh thing so i dont have to click on the box every few seconds to continue typing?

I've been working on it. I can do the messages a little different, maybe. But the issue is, I don't know how to tell C# to stop selecting the other area when it refreshes. I tried making a second form but it just selected it when it refreshed.

If anyone has any ideas feel free to post them.

Thanks,

Nanobot

I'm just left wondering why to reinvent the wheel? :?

We all have our own way of learning , many times it's best left to experimentation. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

I have to comment nanobot, he's very innovative, and expresses this in a way that has actual real life use for those along the lines in which he resides. He'll certainly be someone to watch in the future, there's no doubt of this, and we should all imo , recognize this fact. Why ? For one , you'll be saying at one point,  " damn, I know that dude, we used to talk on TMN all the time "  (watch, I'm betting on it )  , and another because it's not everyone that excels as he does, and takes the initiative towards learning and as i said innovating existing technology. Most just use what they see.

Ok, I'm done kissin your ass nanopunk. Been waiting for an opportunity to tell what I see. Kudo's o you man !

We all have our own way of learning , many times it's best left to experimentation. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

I have to comment nanobot, he's very innovative, and expresses this in a way that has actual real life use for those along the lines in which he resides. He'll certainly be someone to watch in the future, there's no doubt of this, and we should all imo , recognize this fact. Why ? For one , you'll be saying at one point,  " damn, I know that dude, we used to talk on TMN all the time "  (watch, I'm betting on it )  , and another because it's not everyone that excels as he does, and takes the initiative towards learning and as i said innovating existing technology. Most just use what they see.

Ok, I'm done kissin your ass nanopunk. Been waiting for an opportunity to tell what I see. Kudo's o you man !

Thanks bro! You made me feel special inside. :)

And, I had an idea, but I lost power and I lost ALL my work, so I will be redoing most of it. But I am going to make two programs, one for messaging, one for viewing messages.

Should have it done soon. A day or so would be my bet.

Thanks,

Nanobot

Thanks bro! You made me feel special inside. :)

And, I had an idea, but I lost power and I lost ALL my work, so I will be redoing most of it. But I am going to make two programs, one for messaging, one for viewing messages.

Should have it done soon. A day or so would be my bet.

Thanks,

Nanobot

Well stop talking about it, and get it done  :haha:

Don't get feeling too good inside, I got your message the other day, ( my PPC took a southerly dip and I lost 688 contacts, including yours )we still need to talk about that, and I read it before it happened, it was planned. So I prepared the day before.

Well stop talking about it, and get it done  :haha:

Don't get feeling too good inside, I got your message the other day, ( my PPC took a southerly dip and I lost 688 contacts, including yours )we still need to talk about that, and I read it before it happened, it was planned. So I prepared the day before.

I'm working on it! XD

It isn't exactly at the top of my todo list. Fixing that "issue" is.

And we DO need to talk.

Thanks,

Nanobot