Google Problems

coknuck

That's a 'Feature'.   :knuppel2:

Or as many have said, " I can type in my search and click enter faster, than the graphics take to come up".

I kept still getting it randomly.  Various types of crap adjustments they have done.

But I don't get the Fancy banner characters all the time cause I use,

http://www.google.com/webhp  or  http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

To avoid the stupid redirect to Canada's Google page.

I've noticed a lot of changes, and tests going on with google, each time they change something, I have to clear the cache in that particular browser I used, otherwise I get a dump or 404.

And whats with  all the page redirects to google ca  , only thing I can think of this testing by google be playing havok with the DNS servers cache as well ?

And whats with  all the page redirects to google ca  , only thing I can think of this testing by google be playing havok with the DNS servers cache as well ?

Google and Yahoo have been doing that for quite a while.  The biggest complaint on it is by people who travel or are temporarily living outside of the U.S.

Yahoo's excuse is giving a page full of Canadian content as per our 'fascist closed door country'.  It's for our Heritage.  :idiot2:

Googles excuse is more simple of giving you Google in your countries language. ??????????  Or some shiat like that. The YouTube redirect only lasted as a redirect for about a month or two, before it resolved properly to the '.com'. 

And we have the occasional site that had exclusive deals to redirect Canadians to the Canadian version of a U.S. TV show site. And that also does not last too long before the people of the Internet find access to the contact form of the U.S. site to complain that there is lots of other content on the U.S. site that is not 'CopyRight owner' enforceable.

But When someone types a '.com', thats where they want to go.  In the U.S. , people don't always see what the rest of the world has to suffer with. I read something the other month about how Rogers Cable Internet has come out with a new combo cable modem/router. And it comes with a DNS hijacker in it. I am glad Telus does not pull the crap that some of the ISP's in Canada pull. Telus has no throttling or hijacking. 

And I am guessing that the 'Google Search button' is missing, so you use the 'suggestion' drop downs. 

Or since this seems to be a FireFox issue.... Get YesScript add-on. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4922 It's a javascript blocker 'per site'. It's easier than NoScript to avoid breaking some sites.

Oh and on the DNS stuff.

An ISP in Canada had an issue last week to do with their IP ranges. I am guessing that they bought some almost gone IPv4 address from another ISP. So people were getting WebPage results of just like if they were living in England or Spain. So the users were banned from accessing the Canadian TV channels streaming TV content, even though they were in Canada.

• 1 month later...

So I see Google has tweaked this "Feature" again.

Now the "Google Search and the I'm feeling lucky" button is there all the time, but all the extra buttons take about a second to appear.

I noticed that myself.  Seems as if they do something every few days or so. Since I use it as a starter page when i open a browser.

Since I use it as a starter page when i open a browser.

Never have used a starter page.  Back when I was on dialup, I didn't want to waste my time loading some page first, that was not the one that I wanted to go to first.  

Was on dialup the other week. It was so slow. And that was for Google loading as well(graphics).  Haven't put the dialup card into this new machine yet.  But my DSL is very reliable.    

Never have used a starter page.  Back when I was on dialup, I didn't want to waste my time loading some page first, that was not the one that I wanted to go to first. 

Was on dialup the other week. It was so slow. And that was for Google loading as well(graphics).  Haven't put the dialup card into this new machine yet.  But my DSL is very reliable.   

So you open to a blank page ?  I used to, but since google opens in the same flash that my browser does, if and when it is ever closed, then I dont need to hit that extra set of keys.

I use google on start up page too. I am there too much. We should buy stock I think.   :uglystupid2:

YES! you should have  hehehe  last I seen it was hovering several point under $600.00  lol  Now, of you would have gotten in around 04' that would be another thing.

IPO set at $85 a share, low end of revised range, with trading set to start Thursday.

August 19, 2004: 9:15 AM EDT

By Paul R. La Monica, CNN/Money senior writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Google said Wednesday it will go public at $85 a share, paving the way for the widely awaited but troubled stock offering to finally stumble to market on Thursday.

At that price, the low end of its recently revised range, Google raised $1.67 billion, with $1.2 billion to go to the No. 1 Internet search engine and $473 million to Google (GOOG: Research, Estimates) executives and investors selling their shares.

The Securities and Exchange Commission gave the final go-ahead for the IPO Wednesday afternoon, and the stock is expected to begin trading Thursday. The Nasdaq said Thursday that Google's co-founders were to symbolically open the market at 9:30 a.m. ET.

Earlier in the day, Google slashed its planned IPO by nearly half, cutting the expected price to $85 to $95 a share from its original range of $108 to $135 a share. It later confirmed its initial going-public price would be $85 a share.

The Mountain View, Calif.-based company also cut the size of the sale to 19.6 million shares.

[url=http://money.cnn.com/2004/08/18/technology/googleipo/Source