NEW, From THE OZARKS OF MISSOURI USA

tim442

wow tommie i knew you were close to where i am, but not THAT close. thats pretty cool. didnt know we were that close.  :wink:

Yeah, right across the border.  :wink: Actually about 15 miles north of KC in the sticks a bit. You?

By the way ever since a kid I enjoyed visits in the ozarks. Grandad had a place on the lake in a beautiful cove. His place was lake front with a dock, and two doors from the general store. Wish I had his place.

wow tommie i knew you were close to where i am, but not THAT close. thats pretty cool. didnt know we were that close.  :wink:

and welcome aboard tim :grin2:

Thanks,  Sorry about the late reply, have been busy dialing in Wildblue to pc ect [nerdly]  I am located in South/central Mo  about  23miles west of West Plains or 60miles east/sth/east of Springfield.  ICE COUNTRY :icon_pale:

You have ice already? We don't have any up here as of yet. I guess I better not say that too loud, but it is gonna be a bitter week for temps though.

Tonight 17+

Fri        20+

Sat      29+

Sun      24+

Mon    22+

Tue    23+

:icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking:

You do have some beautiful mountainous tree lines though. Pretty countryside. Especially in the fall.  :grin2:

Yeah, right across the border.  :wink: Actually about 15 miles north of KC in the sticks a bit. You?

By the way ever since a kid I enjoyed visits in the ozarks. Grandad had a place on the lake in a beautiful cove. His place was lake front with a dock, and two doors from the general store. Wish I had his place.

Speaking of lakes,  I am near the Norfork lake and between the Bryant Creek and the White River, in a little community called Dora,  The white is  really great to Canoe or Tube and Trout fish (Blue Ribbon) with the Bryant being the same but fishing is for Small mouth Bass of which it is loaded.  The Mark Twain NF branch is runs along the river.   I tell the folks back where I used to lived (Tampa Fl) that my location is 40th and plum, Which is an old Florida cracker term to mean : forty miles from nowhere and plum in da woods :grin:

You have ice already? We don't have any up here as of yet. I guess I better not say that too loud, but it is gonna be a bitter week for temps though.

Tonight 17+

Fri        20+

Sat       29+

Sun      24+

Mon     22+

Tue     23+

:icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking:

You do have some beautiful mountainous tree lines though. Pretty countryside. Especially in the fall.  :grin2:

What I meant by ice country was ice storms in general, had three in the last four years.  Only had some sleet mixed with rain in the am yesterday. And yes the fall colors are great here, except this year it got to cold to quick and the leaves fell off before full color :angry:

Speaking of lakes,  I am near the Norfork lake and between the Bryant Creek and the White River, in a little community called Dora,  The white is  really great to Canoe or Tube and Trout fish (Blue Ribbon) with the Bryant being the same but fishing is for Small mouth Bass of which it is loaded.  The Mark Twain NF branch is runs along the river.   I tell the folks back where I used to lived (Tampa Fl) that my location is 40th and plum, Which is an old Florida cracker term to mean : forty miles from nowhere and plum in da woods :grin:

And loving it no doubt.  :smiley: So hows the puter running by the way? Running strong? Just checking.

What I meant by ice country was ice storms in general, had three in the last four years.  Only had some sleet mixed with rain in the am yesterday. And yes the fall colors are great here, except this year it got to cold to quick and the leaves fell off before full color :angry:

Thats true on the color. Did the same here. Only had yellow and brown here mostly. Sad.

And loving it no doubt.  :smiley: So hows the puter running by the way? Running strong? Just checking.

What do mean loving it? huh?  that is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY understated  :grin2:    Every second!  CP is doing great but am going to do some more tweaks in the near future but got to be careful because I sure do not want it to crash and burn.  Well gotta go. The wife :knuppel2: is sitting behind me saying it is her turn. Will catch up later  Tim

She must be a member of the wives union.  :2funny: Are their any different? As far as tweaks they seldom crash a syustem, although I have lost one and almost two to anitvirus. (norton) Of course the ignored virus' did the real job. But they make you feel protected in the meantime. And not all of us are Aunt Bee.  :angel:

Yeah, (union) it was one of those things I didn't see in the fine print when I signed the dotted line  :wink: but she is a good un  :smitten:......... I fried a couple hard drives or should say I had to reformat and start over due to tweaking and wouldn't you know I did not back up my files :oops: But I learned from that mistake. I am no tech expert by no means but have learned a lot by online help, books and ...trial/error ,(see fried hard drives) hate to admit the last part but i found out what NOT to do by doing so, ha!  And I hate Norton, once that booger is on your system it takes deep cleaning to rid the #$%&@#$%@#$% thing. It is a virus in it self. Some what like AOL.