I have an speed test question.

tim442

I was requested from a tech to use your large download test to get a correct reading due to the latency of satellite broadband taking much longer (which I found to be true). I am brand new to the dish setup and I can say it is much different than Cable or DSL .  Thanks

Hey tg, I was an end of the Centurytel line of sevice / DSL  with top speed of 260kpbs, and was told that that was all that they could do until they put in more wire/cable but with no immediate plans to do so in the near future. So I had a choice between Hughes or Wild blue of whom the latter I had chosen.  And oh by the way I located the large downloads  :idiot2:

FAP warning for WildBlue. It is monthly rolling limit and if you go over the small limit(on the basic package) , you will be throttled way back for about two weeks. Until your FAP level reduces, to 70%.

New sign ups have that happen a lot.  

http://wildblue.com/legal/fair.jsp

The 1000ms pings(both systems) are due to software on the system(DAMA), otherwise you could get about 600ms at the best(but thats ancient history).

Hughesnet has a daily FAP and an overnight FAP free period.

http://consumer.hughesnet.com/faq/fair-access-policy.cfm